SOLVED

Will a lead still qualify for all flow steps if they no longer qualify for the original Smart List?

Go to solution
Megan_Koelemay
Level 4

Will a lead still qualify for all flow steps if they no longer qualify for the original Smart List?

I have a Smart Campaign with multiple flow steps, like this:

1 - Send Email X

2 - Wait 5 days

3 - Send Email Y

4 - Wait 15 days

5 - Send Email Z

Leads can only be entered into this flow if they haven't purchased one of our products yet.  So lets say on day 10, after receiving the first two emails, they purchase.  Will they still receive Email Z?  In other words, will a lead continue through all flow steps regardless of whether they still qualify for the Smart List?  If so, what's the best way to restructure my campaign setup to prevent the lead from receiving Email Z in this scenario?

I was hoping to get around it by using choices in my flow steps.  E.g., if Purchased=false, then Send Email Z, and if Purchased=true, then Do Nothing.  But my leads need to meet multiple conditions to receive the emails (e.g., has not purchased AND hasn't had any recent contact with our sales team) and it looks like choices can only have one condition each.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Will a lead still qualify for all flow steps if they no longer qualify for the original Smart List?

Option 0. 🙂

SanfordWhiteman_0-1622690445561.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Re: Will a lead still qualify for all flow steps if they no longer qualify for the original Smart List?

2 options.

1. Use request campaign. Add your multiple filters to the smart list of the requested campaigns

1 - Send Email X

2 - Wait 5 days

3 - Request campaign Send Email Y

4 - Wait 15 days

5 - Request campaign Send Email Z

2. Create a separate smart campaign to readily remove people from the flow of your sending smart campaign if someone has purchased or has contacted your sales team

SanfordWhiteman

Option 0. 🙂

SanfordWhiteman_0-1622690445561.png

Megan_Koelemay
Level 4

Aha!  Worked perfectly.  Thank you @SanfordWhiteman!

SanfordWhiteman

@Megan_Koelemay pls check out the answers here.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

As a clarification to the guys' responses:

Whether a person qualifies or not is only evaluated at the point in time they enter your flow. Once they are in, they will complete all steps without the smart list being evaluated at each step. So in your example, the person that purchased will actually also receive the final email.

The suggestions Jay and Sandford gave are very good suggestions to mitigate this.