Re: Why Program level people not reflected in smart campaigns within program

Haseena
Level 1

Why Program level people not reflected in smart campaigns within program

Hi Team,

I am planning to have Email program and targeted audience in the smartlist at program level so the program is restricted to selected leads,

I wanted to have couple of smart campaigns to decide program success and failure by clicking links and not respectively.

I understand by success the campaign sets to be trigger campaign but whereas the failure campaigns automatically turns out to be batch campaign which is understandable as no user input on an email to refer trigger campaign.

My question is, the batch campaign within an Email Program turns out to be targetter to wide audience than smart list at program level. which requires redundant action to add list to failure campaign as well.

Is my understanding correct or am I missing anything for Failure campaign.

Please advise.

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It's not possible to answer this without screenshots of your campaigns. The situation is unclear from your description.
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

We can certainly use more details, snapshots, etc

Also, based on my reading of your question, your understanding of Marketo programs and successes might not be 100% right. Yes, you do need flow steps to update the person’s program statuses based on their engagement with the program assets (e.g., email, fill out a form on the landing page, etc.); however, I don’t think you’d need any flow to mark failure- you update statuses based on the activity/engagement, and people w/o those usually remain in their original status (e.g., Sent). Also, any campaign within a program can affect people who are not a member of that program, that’s how Marketo campaigns are designed. You can of course use Member of Program <program name> in the campaign’s smart list so it only lets program members qualify for the flow. 

uditmathur
Level 5

Hi,

Can you further explain what is your Failure campaign doing.

As @Darshil_Shah1 mentioned there is no need to have a separate campaign for leads who don't perform the required action i.e. click on link, fills out a form etc. unless you are trying to retarget those leads for e.g. sending another email after a wait period or putting them on a Nurture program..