SOLVED

Re: Why do we need "Disable Open Tracking" in Email 2.0?

Go to solution
Anand_Raj_S1
Level 3

Why do we need "Disable Open Tracking" in Email 2.0?

Hello Team,

I would like to understand why/when do we need/use "Disable Open Tracking" option in Email 2.0?

Appreciate your help,

Anand

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Use it if

• the false negatives from people who don't have images enabled make Opened Email a less-than-useful metric (this will be more likely in B2B because of Outlook's default behavior)
  • the false positives from mail scanners downloading the pixel similarly skew the metric
  • you want to keep your email free of extra tracking info to have the widest deliverability

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman

Use it if

• the false negatives from people who don't have images enabled make Opened Email a less-than-useful metric (this will be more likely in B2B because of Outlook's default behavior)
  • the false positives from mail scanners downloading the pixel similarly skew the metric
  • you want to keep your email free of extra tracking info to have the widest deliverability
Anonymous
Not applicable

This box was checked by mistake on a recent email that was sent by my firm. I was wondering for some clarification on one point: if a user's mail client, for example Outlook, automatically downloads images but the user still opens the email, is their open not tracked because Outlook automatically downloaded the images first?

SanfordWhiteman

The open is tracked at the moment the image is downloaded. There is nothing that distinguishes an automated image download from a manually initiated download.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right. My question is just trying to confirm that nothing after the automatic download matters. Essentially, if they mail client automatically downloads, no actions will be tracked after that, correct?

SanfordWhiteman

I don't know what you mean by "no actions" but no Open actions matter after that.