SOLVED

Why an old unsubscribe would disqualify a lead?

Go to solution
mtucker1
Level 1

Why an old unsubscribe would disqualify a lead?

I was digging into why some of our users aren't being delivered our emails and found a good amount of users that used to be Unsubscribed but at some point opted back in. The Unsubscribe Reason field is not empty on these users and that's the only thing that I can think of that could disqualify them (all other qualifications on these campaigns they meet). Even though their Unsubscribe field is marked false. 

Is this due to durable unsubscribe? Do I need to bulk clear out the Unsubscribe reason field so that they can qualify for campaigns again? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Why an old unsubscribe would disqualify a lead?

@mtucker1 wrote:

I was digging into why some of our users aren't being delivered our emails 

Firstly, to be clear, Delivered and Sent are 2 very different things. Marketo can only Send/attempt to send emails to people, it can't guarantee that for every send you'd have a successful delivery.

Also, if people get re-created after being deleted as Unsubscribed = True, then they'd have their Unsubscribed field to True set as per their Master email status. If you update the Unsubscribed field for an existing record to False, then that should reset their master email status, since you already did that and ensured that people have their Unsubscribed field = False, then it's unlikely that they're not able to run through the campaign because of it. Have you checked other things that might be coming in the way for these people to qualify and run through the campaign, e.g., if the schedule tab is set to allow people to run only 1x, and this person might have flowed through this campaign in the past?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

@mtucker1 wrote:

I was digging into why some of our users aren't being delivered our emails 

Firstly, to be clear, Delivered and Sent are 2 very different things. Marketo can only Send/attempt to send emails to people, it can't guarantee that for every send you'd have a successful delivery.

Also, if people get re-created after being deleted as Unsubscribed = True, then they'd have their Unsubscribed field to True set as per their Master email status. If you update the Unsubscribed field for an existing record to False, then that should reset their master email status, since you already did that and ensured that people have their Unsubscribed field = False, then it's unlikely that they're not able to run through the campaign because of it. Have you checked other things that might be coming in the way for these people to qualify and run through the campaign, e.g., if the schedule tab is set to allow people to run only 1x, and this person might have flowed through this campaign in the past?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Unsubscribe Reason field is not empty on these users and that's the only thing that I can think of that could disqualify them (all other qualifications on these campaigns they meet). Even though their Unsubscribe field is marked false. 

Is this due to durable unsubscribe? Do I need to bulk clear out the Unsubscribe reason field so that they can qualify for campaigns again? 

The Unsubscribed Reason is never used to determine marketability, only the Unsubscribed Boolean.

Like Darshil says, the Unsubscribed value will be restored by Durable Unsubscribe if an email address reenters the system, but the Unsubscribed will explicitly be true in that case. So that can’t be your problem.

I would look more deeply into the difference between Sent and Delivered, there really isn’t enough info for us to go on here except to say it’s not Unsubscribed.