Testing Drift Chat Playbook results does not appear to Marketo Program's results

Paulina
Level 2

Testing Drift Chat Playbook results does not appear to Marketo Program's results

Hi all, I've created a Drift Chat Playbook and tested to see if all is working well and the integrations with Marketo & SFDC works well. I've realised that when checking the program for the Playbook in Marketo no results are visible on the program level. However, once I've searched by my email address in the database I was able to see that in the activity log. I've checked In Drift the Integration settings with Marketo and all looks good.

Can anyone help to identify where's the issue?

4 REPLIES 4
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Testing Drift Chat Playbook results does not appear to Marketo Program's results

@Paulina, we might need more details here as to what you're not seeing in the Marketo program and deets around any setup you have to add people to the program. Do you have a campaign that adds people to the Program to a specific status upon Drift activity or is it something else? AFAIK Drift adds new conversation, meeting activity, and CQL score activity data into Marketo custom activities, and those aren't related to Marketo programs, i.e., getting a custom activity logged in Marketo doesn't lead a person to become a member of any program, you need a separate setup to add people as program members. Apologies if I'm missing anything here.

Paulina
Level 2

Re: Testing Drift Chat Playbook results does not appear to Marketo Program's results

Hi @Darshil_Shah1, the program is set as Default with Content as channel. We have an active trigger that is set like this:Screenshot 2023-08-21 at 16.54.31.pngand this:
Screenshot 2023-08-21 at 16.55.30.png

The smart campaign's settings are set that each person can run through the flow every time.
When I did the Drift Playbook test I did not see Marketo catching that activity as it's not visible in the Results tab. In the Marketo program we also have a list of all those people who are part of this program.
Please let me know if you need any more details to figure out where the issue is. Thanks!

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Goodness - what a trigger!

The first I'd do, is dumb this thing down, so one can actually understand it. Remove the "Date of Activity" restraint from all triggers - they don't make any sense. Then ask yourself: Are these really the triggers you need and what do they actually do? And can it be - and that would certainly not be desired - that more than one of them fires on the same event?

Filter #1 probably makes sense for experienced Drift users, but not for me. What does it even try to do?

And Filter #2 limits all records to only those who were created in the past 15 minutes. Any older record cannot qualify. That might be intended, but I just wanted to point it out.

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Agreed with @Michael_Florin! The Date of Activity constraint in triggers only makes sense if you're using it in conjunction with the "number of times" constraint, as it creates a time window for activities that have the same characteristics. A trigger fires only upon a new activity entry. It doesn't replay past activities. What are the business requirements and criteria for having this campaign? Based on that we can help you adjust the filtering logic of this campaign. Filter #1 would basically filter people in your database who don't have New Drift Conversation Started activity with conversation URL <> empty in the past 15 minutes, please be mindful of the fact that this will let people who have a New Drift Conversation Started activity with conversation URL <> empty in past before  15 minutes or those who don't have any New Drift Conversation Started activity in their activity log. Is that what you're looking for? AFAICT Filter #1 combined with Filter #2 would most likely give you people who're created via the API and don't have any New Drift Conversation Started activity in their activity log. As per your description earlier that you're able to see activities coming in the activity log of the person, but they're not qualifying for the campaign, most likely it's because your smart campaign's smart list logic isn't allowing them to flow through the campaign flow.