SOLVED

Where to change actual MQL point threshold

Go to solution
Erik_Eaton
Level 3 - Champion Alumni

Where to change actual MQL point threshold

Good Afternoon,

Current our MQL threshold is set at 20. The only area of Marketo, that I have found, that reflects this is our lead scoring model in the analytics section under the revenue cycle modeler.  Where do I actually go in and amend this score?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Joey_Forcelli1
Level 5

Re: Where to change actual MQL point threshold

You have to double click the purple arrow that leads into the MQL Stage.  Once you double click it you will enter the smartlist that executes the transition.  See below.

transition.JPG

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Erik,

The MQL point threshold is determined by your team, so that means there is a smart campaign in Marketo looking for a score of 20 and performing the flow actions necessary to mark the person as an MQL.

Use the Campaign Inspector and search campaigns for "lead score" and "20" and you should be able to find the smart campaigns housing that threshold so you can adjust it accordingly.

Erik_Eaton

Devraj,

When I go into the smart campaign I am not seeing an actual reference to the number 20.

Joey_Forcelli1
Level 5

Erik,

Go to the Cedexis Lead Lifecycle model and update the transition rule that changes the revenue stage to MQL.

Erik_Eaton

Joseph,

I am currently in the modeler and editing it. When I go to click on the MQL stage, I am only seeing this. There must be a menu I am missing within the Revenue model.

Joey_Forcelli1
Level 5

You have to double click the purple arrow that leads into the MQL Stage.  Once you double click it you will enter the smartlist that executes the transition.  See below.

transition.JPG

Erik_Eaton

THANK YOU! I have been trying to figure this out for longer then I would like to admit .

Joey_Forcelli1
Level 5

We have all had those moments .  Glad we were able to get it figured out.

Joey_Forcelli1
Level 5

Are you referring to the MQL as a stage in your revenue cycle or an actual stage value in your CRM?

If the latter then yes, you can do as Devraj has outlined to search for the campaign that controls the data change.  You can also use Campaign Inspector to search for "MQL" if the lead score search doesn't workout.

If this is in regards to updating the revenue stage in your modeler, you will need to go into the transition rule that precedes the MQL stage and update the criteria there.