SOLVED

What are some Merging Duplicates considerations and limitations to be wary of?

Go to solution
Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

What are some Merging Duplicates considerations and limitations to be wary of?

We are looking to mass merge duplicate records. I've read about issues with triggered smart campaigns firing from data value changes and score changes triggered by program status updates.  Any thoughts on how to work around these?

Anything else I need to know? 

What happens if I merge two records attached to Dynamics records? Will the dynamics record keep syncing over to Marketo, causing a constant merge between those records?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Re: What are some Merging Duplicates considerations and limitations to be wary of?

Hi @Danielle_Wong 

With regards to the Dynamics records syncing into Marketo - it is always best to merge these records in the CRM and then allowing it to flow down into Marketo. Therefore you are not sitting with a merged record in Marketo but duplicate records in Dynamics.

Other considerations are merged records being added to campaigns - example a existing customer may be added to a new lead gen campaign because the deleted email was part of that campaign.

Also please make sure you have an export of all the records you are looking to merge - just to ensure no data loss and you have something to fall back on.

Hope this helps

Floyd

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Re: What are some Merging Duplicates considerations and limitations to be wary of?

Hi @Danielle_Wong 

With regards to the Dynamics records syncing into Marketo - it is always best to merge these records in the CRM and then allowing it to flow down into Marketo. Therefore you are not sitting with a merged record in Marketo but duplicate records in Dynamics.

Other considerations are merged records being added to campaigns - example a existing customer may be added to a new lead gen campaign because the deleted email was part of that campaign.

Also please make sure you have an export of all the records you are looking to merge - just to ensure no data loss and you have something to fall back on.

Hope this helps

Floyd