Web Personalisation (RTP) issues- sessions and sticky

Charlie_Marketo
Level 2

Web Personalisation (RTP) issues- sessions and sticky

My use case is to semi-gate some content using an “In Zone” RTP campaign so that known visitors that have opted in are presented with the default content delivered by the CMS and everyone else gets the content replaced with a sign-up form by RTP.  On completion of the form, the visitor should change segment and, when the page is refreshed (using javascript), be able to access the content.

My understanding is that:

1. RTP only checks the Matched Segments once per session,
  2. With Sticky ticked, the campaign should be delivered every time a visitor hits the page in the same session

My first issue is that if I match the segment and the RTP campaign is delivered, if I navigate away from the page and then return to it in during the same session, the RTP campaign is no longer being delivered – this seems to be contrary to the documentation and the purpose of the Sticky box.  Any ideas?

My second issue is that after the form fill (or a form fill on another page which results in an opt-in), the Matched Segments aren’t going to be updated within the same half hour session and the visitor will continue to have the form displayed rather than the content.  Is there any way to force RTP to re-query the matched segments?

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Web Personalisation (RTP) issues- sessions and sticky

My first issue is that if I match the segment and the RTP campaign is delivered, if I navigate away from the page and then return to it in during the same session, the RTP campaign is no longer being delivered – this seems to be contrary to the documentation and the purpose of the Sticky box.  Any ideas?

Upon refreshing the page, could you verify if the segment added to the web campaign is still a match for the visitor? If the segment is still a match, per the sticky session, the visitor should still see the in-zone web campaign.

My second issue is that after the form fill (or a form fill on another page which results in an opt-in), the Matched Segments aren’t going to be updated within the same half hour session and the visitor will continue to have the form displayed rather than the content.  Is there any way to force RTP to re-query the matched segments?

Why don't you use Known Visitor (KV) HTML for this? Do you have any other firmographic/known lead filters added to your segments?

Charlie_Marketo
Level 2

Re: Web Personalisation (RTP) issues- sessions and sticky

Upon refreshing the page, could you verify if the segment added to the web campaign is still a match for the visitor? If the segment is still a match, per the sticky session, the visitor should still see the in-zone web campaign.

Yes, I was seeing the same segments (as expected as still in the same session).  However I can no longer replicate the behaviour today so am going to put it down to a caching issue for the time being.

Why don't you use Known Visitor (KV) HTML for this? Do you have any other firmographic/known lead filters added to your segments?

There are a number of lead filter required to ensure that the visitor is currently opted in.  Known visitor simply doesn't cover it.