SOLVED

Re: Want to load a list and add points to existing lead record if present in database

Go to solution
Theresa_Anders2
Level 2

Want to load a list and add points to existing lead record if present in database

I need to load a list and each lead has a different score to apply.  Is it possible in the csv file to have a column like Implicit Score and the value is +5?  The expected result would be the Implicit score in Marketo would add 5 points when the lead is already present in the database.  Therefore, the end result would be {current value} + 5 points.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Theresa_Anders2
Level 2

Re: Want to load a list and add points to existing lead record if present in database

I do like this approach since I need to address this question on each list load.  Thank you. I'll give it a try.

Update:  the token would not render but I did use a custom field to assist.  Thank you.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Changing scores to a new value can be done with a list import, but in terms of increasing the current value by +5, I believe that needs to be done with a flow action. You can create a custom field for this value (new implicit score) and have that change on list import (data value changes: "new implicit score" is "+5") trigger a "+5" for the "implicit score" change.

Theresa_Anders2
Level 2

I do like this approach since I need to address this question on each list load.  Thank you. I'll give it a try.

Update:  the token would not render but I did use a custom field to assist.  Thank you.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Theresa Anderson ,

No, you cannot add a score through import this this way, but there is a way to do this if the possible values to add is no too long:

1. add a field to your database. Call it "additional score".
  2. Create a smart campaign that triggers on data value changes, field is "addional score"  and new value no eaquals to 0. The flow steps will take some choices to work on all the possibilities. Here is an examp;e for the values of 5 and 10
    pastedImage_7.png
  3. Import the file, and make sure that the score points you want to add are imported in the "additional score" field

Another way would be to use Munctions, but this might a feature that is not enabled in your instance. This feature enables to add 2 field values. Contact you customer account manager for this. Search the community for "munctions" keyword to learn more.

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Greg, Munctions are discontinued.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Too bad

That leaves only webhooks then

What about customer that are using them?

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I couldn't say. Wouldn't be surprised if they are disabled (though not immediately).

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

that's sad.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Vote here:

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

The other possibility is to call a webwook that does the math for you. 2 possibilities at least:

-Greg