SOLVED

Re: Velocity Script to Change Data Value Outside of Email?

Go to solution
nhabischWings
Level 5

Velocity Script to Change Data Value Outside of Email?

Hello,

We're working on a process to use Program Statuses and Reporting to track emails and also track funded products. The only problem is the majority of our data lives in custom objects.

I understand you can use Velocity to access custom object data within emails and all that - BUT is it possible to write a script that changes a data value on the Lead Table off of a Program Status change instead of within an email?

For example if my program statuses are as follows:

Added to Program - 10
Sent Email - 20
Delivered Email - 30
Opened Email - 40
Clicked Email - 50
Funded Account - 60

Since the time between the email reception and funding an account could be a while - is there a way to write a Velocity script that could pull in custom object data that matches Loan Type, etc and have it write to a Custom Field but have it triggered off a "Program Status Change"?

Basically if Lead A funded an Auto Loan with a balance of $20,000 - have a Velocity script run utilizing custom object data that would then be displayed in a Custom Field (for reporting) when the status change is triggered from "Clicked Email" to "Funded Account"?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Velocity cannot permanently update fields. It only creates email output based on Lead/CO/Opportunity data.

To do what you’re describing would take a webhook-compatible service that loops back using the REST API, reads CO data, and writes aggregate info back to the Lead. Something we do when you need, say, the number of COs matching a certain pattern to be rolled up to a field.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Velocity cannot permanently update fields. It only creates email output based on Lead/CO/Opportunity data.

To do what you’re describing would take a webhook-compatible service that loops back using the REST API, reads CO data, and writes aggregate info back to the Lead. Something we do when you need, say, the number of COs matching a certain pattern to be rolled up to a field.

nhabischWings
Level 5

Thank you! I thought so - but figured I'd check!