SOLVED

Retriggering an existing status

Go to solution
anissabrach
Level 2

Retriggering an existing status

Hi everyone,

we are setting up a campaign for a contact us form. i.e. we have a contact us form on our website, we have a program that someone is added to when they filled in the form.

We then sync this over to SFDC as a campaign. We are planning to trigger a task/inform sales of a form fill like this. We capture the status and campaign membership on the lead/contact too for reporting. 

This works just fine if someone just fills in a form once. But what if someone fills in the form twice or three times? It woudln't trigger the status "form filled" again because it's already there. We can go back to "member" and then"form filled" again because of the hierachy in Marketo. The only thing I can think of is a) we remove them from the campaign and add them again, b) start adding "form filled 1", "form filled 2", etc as statuses which seems messy, or c) do something different not using the member status as a trigger in SFDC to create a task.

Any thoughts on this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Retriggering an existing status

This seems like an XY problem. I think you need to take a step back and evaluate whether this is the most efficient way of letting the sales team know about form fill. Off the top of my head, I would rather create an Interesting Moment and a Task (if need be - creating a task every time someone fills out a form might be an overkill but this is a strategic call) every time a person fills out the form so as to notify the sales team. If required for reporting, you can also add people to the Marketo program and SFDC campaign with the correct status. Adding to the program and campaign would be just 1 time thing for when people fill out the Contact Us form for the first time. You can always report on the Filled-out form activity (which could be extracted by Bulk Extract API) to capture the number of times a person fills out the Contact Us form. There's a rather hacky (and relatively non-scalable) way to calculate the form fills manually using Excel articulated here if you want to check it out.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Retriggering an existing status

This seems like an XY problem. I think you need to take a step back and evaluate whether this is the most efficient way of letting the sales team know about form fill. Off the top of my head, I would rather create an Interesting Moment and a Task (if need be - creating a task every time someone fills out a form might be an overkill but this is a strategic call) every time a person fills out the form so as to notify the sales team. If required for reporting, you can also add people to the Marketo program and SFDC campaign with the correct status. Adding to the program and campaign would be just 1 time thing for when people fill out the Contact Us form for the first time. You can always report on the Filled-out form activity (which could be extracted by Bulk Extract API) to capture the number of times a person fills out the Contact Us form. There's a rather hacky (and relatively non-scalable) way to calculate the form fills manually using Excel articulated here if you want to check it out.