SOLVED

Sales Insight Actions - Spotty Sync?

Go to solution
nolanbrey
Level 1

Sales Insight Actions - Spotty Sync?

Hi all -

We've been rolling out Sales Insight Actions to our commercial team and I'm just curious how it's going for others doing the same. Our implementation has been problematic to say the least. I feel the documentation to be pretty lacking so hey, why not troubleshoot on the forum where at least somebody in the future might be able to find their solution via a google search.

One specific question to kick things off: Is there some sort of selective sync criteria for records to be visible in actions? We have some contacts that are visible from both SFDC and Marketo but that don't appear in Actions. Nothing obvious is sticking out to me... all have email addresses, are allowed to sync, etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Sales Insight Actions - Spotty Sync?

@nolanbrey wrote:

Thanks for the reply. They do all have owners, so I don't think that's it. It is probably ticket time.

I'd also recommend writing to sales-insights@adobe.com

One other idea - do you know if a record has to be assigned to a particular Actions user for it to be visible to them? We'd like everybody to be able to see everybody.

Sales Insight Actions has its own database that pulls the person information from Marketo's database. This makes Marketo the source of truth for Sales Insight Actions people data. This sync begins when you initiate the SI data sync. Also, OOTB all the records in the SIA should be visible to all the SIA users, and not just the ones that are assigned to the respective sales user.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1

Well, Leads and contacts who have a sales owner assigned to them will be synced down into Sales Actions. You can see if a lead/contact has a sales owner in Salesforce by looking at the standard owner field that exists. Also, the sales owner does not have to be the Marketo sync user or any specific Salesforce or sales user. All that is required is that there’s a user listed on the lead owner and contact owner field in Salesforce so that it can identify it as a sales lead and sync it into Sales Insight Actions.

However, IMHO, if you have a bunch of lead records (lead, not contact records as the latter need a sales owner compulsorily unlike the lead records) that are assigned to a queue, you'd not have any sales/lead owner assigned to them, and hence they won't sync over to the Sales Insight Actions. If this isn't the case, then I'd raise a support ticket if lead/contact records with sales owner aren't synced to the Sales Insight Actions.

nolanbrey
Level 1

Thanks for the reply. They do all have owners, so I don't think that's it. It is probably ticket time.

One other idea - do you know if a record has to be assigned to a particular Actions user for it to be visible to them? We'd like everybody to be able to see everybody.

Darshil_Shah1

@nolanbrey wrote:

I'd also recommend writing to sales-insights@adobe.com

Sales Insight Actions has its own database that pulls the person information from Marketo's database. This makes Marketo the source of truth for Sales Insight Actions people data. This sync begins when you initiate the SI data sync. Also, OOTB all the records in the SIA should be visible to all the SIA users, and not just the ones that are assigned to the respective sales user.