Using SFDC Account Team roles for personalization

Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

Using SFDC Account Team roles for personalization

We have a business case within our organization to personalize emails to other individuals other than the person assigned to the Contact and/or the Account.  To my knowledge, these are the only two "representative" personalization tokens available to us out of the box.  Has anyone used the Salesforce account team to pull in contacts to the database for personalization efforts or created custom fields in SFDC for "other" contact owners?  I'm eager to learn what can/is being done out there in the nation.

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Using SFDC Account Team roles for personalization

Please do a search for "Account Owner" for more ideas.

The ability to do this is pretty limited, however.

Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

Hi Josh,

I'll look at that.  I figured my options were limited and not terribly sure if the business case is there for most organizations, but we do have some organizational nuances that are making us investigate if this is possible.

Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Chris Willis​ I had a similar use case in the past and investigated Account Team roles but decided against it do to the limited ability to integrate that functionality into Marketo workflows. Even within Salesforce, it seemed pretty limiting in terms of what you could do as I recall.

Since our account team was small (only two people) I added a second lookup on the Account/Contact/Lead object to the user and had some SFDC workflows to populate them.

You will need to add some additional fields if you want to pull in secondary user characteristics like name and email -- the lookup just gets you the user ID. It's clunky but workable.

If you had an account team of 20 people that's a different story