Using Acquisition Program on List Uploads

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Acquisition Program on List Uploads

When I upload a list and assign an Acquisition Program name (on the final step of the upload), does this also give all members of the list the default/first status in that program? I am trying to figure out how a list of leads that I just uploaded all got assigned a particular status in the program. It was the first status of the channel (numbered 5, and the other statuses were higher numbers on the channel/tag settings), and it was for the program I used as the Acquisition Program on the list upload.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Using Acquisition Program on List Uploads

Megan Donnelly

Yep, that's right. To be the acquisition program, the leads need to be a member of the program. It will default to the first status. You can run a flow to change it if you need to.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Using Acquisition Program on List Uploads

I agree with Justin - they are automatically added as member of that program if you tell Marketo that was their acquisition program - starting on the lowest status level possible.

Another thing to note is that if you are uploading a list directly to a particular program, I typically upload the members by status - so I upload a list of those who "attended" and then upload another list of those "no shows." All to the same webinar program, for example. When I do this, Marketo automatically knows if the leads I uploaded (from either list) were already in my database or not. If they weren't, it automatically gives acquisition to the program to which you are uploading the leads (my webinar).

The only problem with this is duplicate leads (someone used a different email on the list upload, then we currently had in our database) but that just needs to be merged together, like it would anyway, and then the oldest acquisition program stays.