SOLVED

Re: using one single branding domain for multiple country

Go to solution
balagurusamy85
Level 1

using one single branding domain for multiple country

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to understand the impact (negative side) of using one branded domain to send email for all other countries 

Will it trouble deliverability? 

thanks

Bala

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Not sure I understand the question, but it's perfectly fine to use @mail.example.com as From-Email-Address domain for all your global sends. It's not necessary nor common to make this @mail.example.de / @mail.example.fr / @mail.example.cn for your various markets.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Not sure I understand the question, but it's perfectly fine to use @mail.example.com as From-Email-Address domain for all your global sends. It's not necessary nor common to make this @mail.example.de / @mail.example.fr / @mail.example.cn for your various markets.

balagurusamy85
Level 1

Thanks Michael. You understand very well on my requirement. I thought for each market, i have to use separate "From Email" address domain. so that deliverability will not impact. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

To get the terminology right: in Marketo, “branding domain” refers to the click tracking domain. That’s the domain your links get rewritten to so Clicked Link in Email can be logged.

Are you in fact referring to that domain, or to your From: header domain?

balagurusamy85
Level 1

Hi Sanford,

I was actually referring to the sending domain (From header domain).  also, please advise your thoughts on "click tracking domain" as well. 

SanfordWhiteman

I was actually referring to the sending domain (From header domain).

OK, same question, how are you tracking campaign engagement by From: header domain since that doesn’t exist in the logs?

balagurusamy85
Level 1

Hi Sanford,

We have go.ourCompanyGlobaldomain.com using this as branded domain, tracking domain is ourcompanyGlobaldomain.com . We are using this global domain as of now to track our campaign engagement. we also have multi country presence and thought of using same global domain for all marketing initiatives (we have different workspace created already). do we need to create new branded domain(go.ourCompanyItalyDomain.it or go.ourCompanyGermanDomain.de) to target separate market? or can we use one go.ourCompanyGlobaldomain.com to target all sub countries? 

Please let me know if I'm not clear

Thanks

Bala

uditmathur
Level 6

HI,

As @SanfordWhiteman & @Michael_Florin mentioned there can be 2 different interpretation of Domain in Marketo as described. 

As far as Email deliverability is concerned it depend on how your SPF/DKIM setup in done for your domain name. 

Its advisable to have multiple domain (Email Tracking) if your company is having multiple brands or have different brands in different countries. In this way it becomes easier to track the ROI for specific brands & attribute campaign effectiveness.

If your company has only one brand the it must not make much difference even if you use only one domain for both Email Tracking & sending.

Hope this helps.

SanfordWhiteman

Its advisable to have multiple domain (Email Tracking) if your company is having multiple brands or have different brands in different countries. In this way it becomes easier to track the ROI for specific brands & attribute campaign effectiveness.

How are you tracking campaign engagement using the branding domain? The only way this is feasible is by logging the referrer of a Visit Web Page that happens in response to an email click. But UTM-based tracking is by far the better way.