Re: Using a List and Pulling in What Email the Lead Engaged With

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using a List and Pulling in What Email the Lead Engaged With

I had a question regarding Lists and how to pull in a certain attribute when looking at the lists in the Excel Document/Table view.

I am currently running a smart list to find certain individuals that are opening/clicking our nurture emails. This includes a batch of roughly 6 emails. When I generate the list of leads, I would like to filter in a column to display what email the leads have engaged with. Is there a way to do this in Marketo? Is there a way to change the default view to include what email they have engaged with? It would also be useful to see what stream they are in.

Right now I only know what leads have clicked or engaged with the email batch, but not the specific email. Obviously I could do this manually, but that seems like a lot of work, especially when we engage with leads across multiple streams. Ultimately I would like to see this as an attribute that I can include in my excel document when I export.

Thanks,

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
Rachel_Noble
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

There might be a better way but here's my hack for that. I set up a Lead Performance report and group by email. In my smart list I only include leads who clicked links in the set of emails I'm researching. Then I use custom columns ​to determine which emails each lead clicked.

For example, the report will have a list of all leads who clicked emails A, B, and C. Custom column 1 will be a smart list with the filter "clicked email A." It's probably the same amount of work as manually pulling this information, but it's more scalable if you want to find this information on an ongoing basis.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, that's the right way!