SOLVED

Re: Updating templates in lead nurture

Go to solution
Alex_Larkman
Level 1

Updating templates in lead nurture

I have some new updated email templates that I am going to add into a lead nurture stream which are to replace the existing emails in that stream. What is the best way to do this? I don't want the new email templates sent out to all the leads who have already been through the stream and have exhausted the content, as they will have already received these emails (just the older, less jazzier versions).

Any advice welcome! Thanks, Alex.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Alex,

What you want to do it impossible. The control is done on email IDs and you cannot change the template of existing emails. So you will have to create new emails with new IDs...

My recommendation:

• Recreate new streams with your new emails based on new templates
  • Let people who are in the existing stream finish them and add the new people to the new streams.

-Greg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Alex,

What you want to do it impossible. The control is done on email IDs and you cannot change the template of existing emails. So you will have to create new emails with new IDs...

My recommendation:

• Recreate new streams with your new emails based on new templates
  • Let people who are in the existing stream finish them and add the new people to the new streams.

-Greg

Alex_Larkman
Level 1

Thanks Greg,

Yes, these are completely new templates so have done as you suggested - created new streams and added the new emails to these streams and changed all the smart campaigns to point to the new streams. All up and running now.

Thanks,

Alex.

Kevin_Delgado1
Level 2

Hmmm, I would have updated the template when the program isn't running to update the current asset. Or broken the email from the template(small edit in the html) and updated the HTML on the email asset with your new version.

Since the email asset is still in the stream people who viewed it previously won't get it and anyone new would get the new template version. Marketo streams checks the asset and "persons" who ran through them, not the content or HTML in it.

Alex_Larkman
Level 1

That wouldn't have worked in my case as I still need the old templates for other ad-hoc emails that we send through Marketo. The new templates are completely different with images etc. so adding new templates into the Design Studio and then creating new streams was the best approach.

Thanks for your response.

Alex.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Please move this to Products (this isn't a support space). Move link is at the right.