SOLVED

Re: Unsubscribe from Nurture stream

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unsubscribe from Nurture stream

Hi
I was just thinking that if a customer is subscribed to one of our nurture streams we can filter that they are not usubscribed or marketing suspended before we add them to the drip campaign.

But what if the lead decides to unsubscribe half way through the stream. How does marketo handle this as the stream is ongoing until they become exhausted?
Tim

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I've written about this extensively on my site and slideshare.net/jdavidhill

Essentially, the Lead continues on to the Casts, but never gets the email since they unsubscribed. So it's up to you how to Exit-Bad these people and potentially cycle them back in if they are emailable again. You can use smart campaigns to look for these people. I normally set Exits to run the night before any Casts.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Josh_Hill13

I've written about this extensively on my site and slideshare.net/jdavidhill

Essentially, the Lead continues on to the Casts, but never gets the email since they unsubscribed. So it's up to you how to Exit-Bad these people and potentially cycle them back in if they are emailable again. You can use smart campaigns to look for these people. I normally set Exits to run the night before any Casts.

Jessica_Kao3

Agreed with Josh.  I always have a Pause trigger campaign inside every nurture campaign.  I look for people that have bounced, unsubscribed etc. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a great idea Jessica Kao

Valerie_Whitin2
Level 5

We have an empty stream that we call "Bad Data" that we put leads like this into. This means they remain in the program for reporting purposes and we can easily track the number of people that were unqualified (unsubscribed, email bounced, unqualified by a SDR, etc) while a member of the engagement streams.

Note: this way they will not be able to re-enter any of the streams they were previously in. So, for us this is basically the end of the road for them in our engagement streams and will more than likely be deleted in our next database cleanse.

Chelsea_Kiko
Level 6 - Champion Alumni

A pause trigger campaign is great too and then you can report on who has bounced or unsubscribed. They do not get the email though as Josh mentions. We like to do everything we can to keep reporting in tact so that way we can see why leads are unsubscribing and do a content audit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all your replies. Most helpful.

Do you use a global pause trigger campaign or on a Stream by Stream basis?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another option that you might want to consider is offering the option of unsubscribing only from your nurture but not from all your communications so consider a Preference Centre.