Re: Twitter Posts

Anonymous
Not applicable

Twitter Posts

Does Marketo have a feature to create twitter posts?

We're running a campaign and would like to create a link for customers to click on to post onto Twitter with populated content. And, once that post is completed, we'd like it to go to a customize landing page.

Is this possible?

If not, do you have any recommendations on how to do this with other solutions with Marketo?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Neil_Robertson6
Level 5

Not directly no but you could do this via Webhooks and / or third party integration.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It depends exactly what you want to do. Sam Lee​ I'd suggest creating the required link using Click To Tweet and then adjusting anything with tokens that marketo will generate when the email is sent.

I assume you mean that the customized landing page uses tokens or dynamic content.

Neil is mentioning a tool like Informatica SMS or Twilio which would use a webhook to send a tweet out or an SMS. I think the Hootsuite integration may offer help here, but my understanding of it was that it just can push twitter info into Leads.

Neil_Robertson6
Level 5

Yep, a tool / service such as Zapier can provide the ability to tweet should you need to. 

Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Sam Lee

It sounds like you want to enable leads to post messages to Twitter via Marketo as opposed to Marketo creating Twitter posts for your brand in an automated fashion (which is more the Twillio or Zapier use case).

For leads sharing your content, you can use Marketo's Social Sharing buttons on landing pages which will allow your leads to post to Twitter and other networks with a message you configure as the Marketer.

I'm not 100% sure whether there is a thank-you page after submitting though, as from memory the Twitter share is a little flyout window that disappears after submission. You can probably detect the submission and redirect to a custom thank you with some JS though. This is a Sanford Whiteman​ question

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Ready on deck... yep, I think this is possible. Haven't gone back to the Social buttons in a couple of months, but let me look at it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you talking about something like this? If you click the button it pops a box with a pre-populated, fill-in-the-blank Tweet.

Trello Celebrates 10 Million Users!

(It also cycles through a number of funny sample text options if you click more than once, which is a great little detail on their part.)