Re: Twitter Lead Gen Card Integration with Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Twitter Lead Gen Card Integration with Marketo

I've searched here, the Products Docs, the Launchpoint PDF http://launchpoint.marketo.com/assets/Uploads/Twitter-Card-Integration2.pdf and in the wider wilds of the internet but to no availe. I keep ended up being pointed to the Launchpoint PDF which contains dead links internally to docs.marketo.com with the exact detail I probably require.

I've got a form set up in Marketo and have the hidden fields set up. I have my "index.php/leadCapture/save" with my instance address in front of it for the data but keep getting a HTTP method post error each time I try to save/test it.

Anyone who can help will get me a big thumbs up. I'm just frustrated with the lack of detail everywhere I look and then someone points me to a PDF with broken links

Cheers

Graham

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had this problem as well.  I believe I re-added the fields in Twitter and tried again and it worked.  I think this is a bug in Twitter.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I need a webhook to make my "shadow" form in Marketo pick up the leads from this? I have the same documentation and Marketo support will not help and Twitter support hasn't gotten back to me!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

A webhook is outbound from Mkto, so no. The intent is for the card to cross-post to Mkto.

SanfordWhiteman

Happy to help you test it... it would refresh my memory as it's been awhile.  I think you have my email.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are a gem Sandford! I will email you now, I'm totally lost and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong!

SanfordWhiteman

Christina and I worked together to find and work around the problem.

The cause is Marketo's default SSL cert not meeting Twitter's standard for back-end integration (whether those standards are reasonable is debatable; they are not fully documented, that's for sure). By routing through another server with valid SSL, we were able to integrate Twitter Cards.  I plan to blog about it, like I do everything else....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update. Can't wait to read the blog post. Still not working properly for me

SanfordWhiteman

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sanford,

Does this mean I'll have to get the HTTPS setup on my instance of Marketo for it to work?

Graham