SOLVED

Trigger Campaign based off Multiple Web Page Visit

Go to solution
Exxact
Level 2

Trigger Campaign based off Multiple Web Page Visit

I am looking to create a trigger campaign based on multiple Web Page visits. I can find a work around if there is only two pages, however I would like to extend the amount of web pages from 2 to 4. This mean if someone were to visit any combination of Web page 1, 2,3, or 4 they will then receive an email. The minimum visits a person would need before receiving the email would be 2.  With Marketo limitations on triggers I am not able to simply create a single campaign with 4 different triggers. Looking for the best way to tackle this issue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Trigger Campaign based off Multiple Web Page Visit

OK.  So you could do this as follows:

1. Set up a field called something like Key Pages Visited Score
  2. Set up a four triggered campaign for visits web page and make each one includes one of those four pages.  Set it to only allow entry once.  In flow steps of the smart campaigns increment the score of Key Pages Visited Score
  3. Set up another triggered campaign on Score is changed with a constraint of new score is at least 2.  In the flow steps of the smart campaign, send the email.  I'm guessing you only want this set to only allow entry once.

Cheers

Jo

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It's always clearer if you show your work. Not sure what your "workaround" was.

There's no way within Marketo itself to trigger on N unique web pages. For that you need a webhook-based solution.

Exxact
Level 2

Hey Sanford, 

My workaround was not to use just the trigger campaign but to also use a Smartlist to help filter people out. 

So my solution was if someone visit website A within an hour they will become a member of Smartlist A.

If someone visit website B within an hour they will become a member of Smartlist B.

Then I created a Trigger campaign triggering on visit web page = A or B. Leaving the logic on all I then added the filters by smartlist to A and B. This way my campaign will only trigger if someone had visited Web Page A and Web Page B. It also did not matter which order someone would visit the web page. 

So while this worked for two web page, I am not sure if the same can be scaled to 4-8 web pages. If there is a web hook solution I would be interested in looking at how that would work. 

Exxact_0-1714002321488.png

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

So while this worked for two web page, I am not sure if the same can be scaled to 4-8 web pages.

It would be madness. 😀

If math serves, with only 4 you’d need 24 different campaigns.

. If there is a web hook solution I would be interested in looking at how that would work.

The logic is that the webhook-compatible service uses the web page as its, if you will, primary key.

So repeatedly logging https://www.example.com/some/specific/page only creates one entry.

Each time you call the ‘hook it returns the total count of unique pages.

Jo_Pitts1

When you say 

@Exxact wrote:

The minimum visits a person would need before receiving the email would be 2. 

Do you mean ANY two of the four pages, or can they visit the same page multiple times to trigger the email?

e.g. does pages 1+3 (1 visit each) trigger the email?

e.g. does page 1 (2 visits) trigger the email?

e.g. does pages 3+4 (2 visits each) trigger the email?

Cheers

Jo

Exxact
Level 2

Hi Jo,

I meant any two of the four pages. 

Example: Visit Web Page A + B, Visit Web Page A + C, or Visit Web Page A+D. If a person meets any of these requirements then trigger an email to be sent to said person. 

I do not want the trigger not to fire if someone visits page A multiple times. Only if they visit another unique page with visiting page A.

Jo_Pitts1

OK.  So you could do this as follows:

1. Set up a field called something like Key Pages Visited Score
  2. Set up a four triggered campaign for visits web page and make each one includes one of those four pages.  Set it to only allow entry once.  In flow steps of the smart campaigns increment the score of Key Pages Visited Score
  3. Set up another triggered campaign on Score is changed with a constraint of new score is at least 2.  In the flow steps of the smart campaign, send the email.  I'm guessing you only want this set to only allow entry once.

Cheers

Jo

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

You could make it reusable by resetting the score field to 0 if no relevant pages were visited for more than an hour.

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Do you also want to send an email if the person visits pages other than those 4 b/w at least 2 of the 4 key pages? For example, if A, B, C, and D are your key pages, and if a person visits at least 2 of these 4, you want to send an email; however, if the person visits a different page, say page E, in accordance with the minimum requirement of 2 key page visits, do you still want to send the email?