Third Party Email Template Providers

Andrea_Hobbs
Level 1

Third Party Email Template Providers

Hi all,

I'm looking at refreshing our branded email templates as they are a few years old now. I'd like to get these designs refreshed to match our new website as well as add in some new email modules for different content. 

Does anyone have any recommendations for third party email template providers that are able to support within the Marketo environment with module elements and can work to a design specific brief?

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks. 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Third Party Email Template Providers

I have worked with Uplers (before Email Monks) and so far they haven`t disappointed me. Good price/performance.

Just you need to be very clear with your design and specify exactly what you want within amodule, what is desired behavior etc.

Matjaž

Michael_Florin
Level 10

A seasoned player in this market is https://knak.com/. Never used them myself, but I heard good things.

Tyron_Pretorius
Level 8 - Champion

We use Stripo for building responsive email templates for mobile and desktop. They then have a feature to export the HTML code, which we import into Marketo to add in email variables

Tyron Pretorius
randyj_wsgr
Level 1

Hi Tyron,

I am in the processing to testing Stripo and have setup the export directly into Marketo. I noticed that is exports the email as a template instead of email to use in a program. Is there a way to export is an email or is it only as a template and then you need to create the email in Marketo based on the template? My other question is regarding the Marketo tracking of links? So far I've only been able to see that it doesn't automatically add the Marketo tracking. Is that possible to do or would it be a manual process. Thanks in advance for any feedback you can provide.

Randy Johnson

Tyron_Pretorius
Level 8 - Champion

Hi Randy,

Q1. You can only import the HTML as a template in Marketo and then you can create emails from this template

Q2. Nothing should need to be done in the template to get tracking to be enabled. If you have a link in the template and you then create an email from this template if you click on this link in the email editor then you should see the tracking checkboxes checked by default

Tyron_Pretorius_0-1667252577025.png

Tyron Pretorius
Kristof
Level 3

Hello,

the below is a reason why sometimes the tokens may not be added:

*If you use Marketo functionality for data tracking, please note that if you export your email/template with buttons that have the Support of Outlook feature applied, then Marketo will not be able to tokenize links and apply its tracking code. In this case just disable this feature for buttons directly in Stripo editor so that tracking links are applied.

Link: https://support.stripo.email/en/articles/3535147-how-to-export-an-email-template-to-marketo

So you just need to make sure the Outlook feature is disabled before exporting to Marketo, and tokens will be applied automatically.

Hope it helps, cheers! 🙂

kristof
Tags (1)
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I would say if a service is not competent enough to preserve the style of an email when it's exported to Marketo without breaking essential functionality, it doesn't have a working Marketo integration.

uditmathur
Level 4

Hi,

I always suggest my clients to write their own html code matching to their Company branding guidelines as in this way you have the complete control over the code & can modify as required.

Relying on any 3rd party code restricts your ability to modify or adapt the code wrt your company guidelines. 

Also, we have came across some cases where the 3rd party code in not completely compliant to Marketo & this creates issues of email spamming & braked codes on some browsers.   

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Services such as these (which use the REST API, so they’re not merely “template providers”) can be very useful for productivity, so it’s not so cut-and-dried.

The problem is when they claim to integrate with Marketo but force you to make a choice between (a) using the service’s features and (b) using Marketo’s features.