Re: The new Community is just days away...

Anonymous
Not applicable

The new Community is just days away...

I hope you are as excited as we are about the launch of our new Marketo Marketing Nation Community this Friday. You should have received an email this morning (pacific time) with some more details about what to expect, but in case you missed it here are the important dates:
  • Today, April 27, the points transfer to the new Community will start. Any points earned between now and the launch will not be captured.
  • Early May, you will be re-directed to nation.marketo.com and the new Community will be live!
  • Early May, your support contacts will also begin using our new web application for submitting cases to Marketo Support. This app will be available through your Account Group and your community action menu.

If you have questions or concerns post here or email community@marketingnation.com.  When we're live we encourage you to post all community related questions and feedback in our Community Help & Feedback place, which you can get to by clicking 'Get Started' from the homepage or searching ‘help’. 

NOTE: All User Group information and invitations will now be within Community, so please request to follow (join) your group or request to start a new one by searching for user groups. 

We look forward to sharing this new experience with you soon!

Best,

Liz & the Marketing Nation Team

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I bet I know the answer, but is there any chance that people's inter-post links (like when somebody says, "Following up on the question here") will still work?
Kenneth_Law
Level 10

Yes, inter-post links that are shared in a discussion thread will still be a supported feature in the Marketing Nation Community.

If your question is about whether current inter-post links in discussions and ideas that are going to be moved over to the Marketing Nation Community will work, I'm going to have to answer with....it depends.
  • If your link is for an external site, this should work fine.
  • If your link is for another discussion or idea in the Community, the link will take you to the general area for the discussion or idea (just not directly to the thread)
  • If your link is to a Help Article (depending on the article) it might re-direct to the replacement article or to the category where the topic exists in the Marketo User Manual
  • If your link is to a Resource Article, it will take you to an area in the Marketing Nation Community called Support Solutions, which houses content from Marketo Support

I hope that helps to answer your question.
Anonymous
Not applicable

What time on May 1st will all this be available?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alexis,

Anytime. 🙂 If anything changes, we'll keep you posted here. 

Best,
Liz
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Liz,

If we have multiple user names, how do we handle that?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh!

Good question.

To be honest Community members will have to handle multiple user names on the new Community the same way as on the current community.

Our goal is to address this issue before the end of the year. 
Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

Remind me never to buy anything by Jive Software.

Seriously, I'm not sure this new interface could be any worse. Is there a survey link floating about? I feel like I need to vent.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nicholas Manojlovic​ I would be interested in hearing about what is not working for you. I can bring up your concerns (and wish list with the Jive Team). Tell me more.

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

Hi Scott - thanks for that and excuse my crankiness.

I think mostly the things that don't work for me are:

- partitions between the different areas (ideas don't sit along side product discussion)

- confusion about where to post questions to get community help