SOLVED

Sync Person to SFDC with specific SFDC fields

Go to solution
michaelstancil
Level 3

Sync Person to SFDC with specific SFDC fields

Is there a way to pass Marketo custom fields to SF on the sync person to SFDC step?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Sync Person to SFDC with specific SFDC fields

Can you clarify what you're asking? Any time Marketo syncs a record with SFDC (either on "sync to sfdc" flow step or in a regular sync for records that have already been synced once), it will update SFDC with any field changes in synced fields.

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Can you clarify what you're asking? Any time Marketo syncs a record with SFDC (either on "sync to sfdc" flow step or in a regular sync for records that have already been synced once), it will update SFDC with any field changes in synced fields.

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

No, there is not really. If you want a field to sync between the two platforms you should create it in SFDC and select it in Marketo to be visible. If you create the field in Marketo there is no real way to link it to an SFDC field.

Darshil_Shah1

If not already mapped, you'll need to map the Marketo custom field with a SFDC field first (you'll need customer support's help in altering the field mappings post the initial SFDC sync) - it's noteworthy that, you cannot have the unmapped Marketo custom fields sync over to SFDC (while the reverse is true - you can have the unmapped SFDC custom fields sync over to Marketo by providing the sync user access to respective fields).

Upon executing the Sync Person to SFDC flow step all field updates that the Marketo user has access to will be synced b/w the system (you cannot selectively sync some of the fields' updates to SFDC using the flow step).

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Like the others, I’m not exactly sure what you’re looking to do that isn’t covered by the standard sync.

But since I know a bit about your environment, you could use FlowBoost to selectively write unsynced fields directly to SFDC — provided the SFDC API user used by FlowBoost has access to write them. (This wouldn’t be the case with the SFDC API user used by Marketo itself, since if it could see the fields, they’d be synced.)

michaelstancil
Level 3

Apologies for the delay in responses y'all. 

@Amy_Goldfine @Katja_Keesom @Darshil_Shah1 The fields exist, they are Lead Type and Lead Source...and as I literally type this out I'm realizing I can add a step for "Change Data Value" before the sync to cover that...Welp...I feel stupid now.

@SanfordWhiteman That also makes sense.

Darshil_Shah1

Yeah - if the field is mapped/synced with Marketo then a data value change should sync the field in next SFDC sync cycle for an already synced record, unless of-course if a Sync to SFDC flow step is ran before, in that case the record will be synced then (Sync to SFDC will also create a record in SFDC if it isn’t created already).