Re: Subscription Forms

Rafael_Marques
Level 2

Subscription Forms

Hi team,

I was wondering if you can help me with something. We have built a Marketo Form to add in our website as a popup solution and get people to subscribe to our database. The forms is quite basic to be honest. At the moment we are using the marketo scrip to run in our Home page (lightbox) and we managed to hide the Form if you are a Known Visitor (trough a cookie when you subscribe). The only issue we have is that if you do not subscribe (close the form) and you visit the home page a couple of time, the from will keep showing to you.

We don't want to bother people that don't want to subscribe to our database. Do you know if there is a way to show the Form once a week or any other frequency? We thought we could use Google Tag Manager for that so the from could be displayed in any page and set a frequency. Do you know how we could achieve that? 

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Hi,

... managed to hide the Form if you are a Known Visitor (trough a cookie when you subscribe). Th

Thank you!

It shouldn't be necessary to set your own cookie for this. Just use the Known Visitor HTML feature ("If known visitor, show custom HTML" in Form Editor » Setup).  Remember, you won't get a chance to set your own cookie if somebody clicks a tracked email link for the first time in a given browser, but they are still a known visitor in that case.  Known Visitor HTML will detect that.

We don't want to bother people that don't want to subscribe to our database. Do you know if there is a way to show the Form once a week or any other frequency? We thought we could use Google Tag Manager for that so the from could be displayed in any page and set a frequency. Do you know how we could achieve that? 

Thank you!

You can just set a cookie with the last time the form was displayed.

Same idea as here: MktoForms2 :: Min Time between form renders except you stamp the time the form was displayed at all (whenReady) as opposed to the last time it was submitted (onSuccess).

Rafael_Marques
Level 2

Hi!

Thanks for that. We are using the Known Lead function.

This is what I have:

<script>// <![CDATA[
document.body.className += ' knownLead';
// ]]></script>

Is this what you are talking about?

SanfordWhiteman

Yes, if that's all you have in the Known Visitor HTML, that will effectively hide the form. Not sure what you meant about your cookie though, since that's the built-in feature. 

Rafael_Marques
Level 2

Yes, that's all we have so maybe something is wrong with the setup on our website? If I open our home page the form will show and if you fill in the details, next time I visit the form disappears (unless you remove cookies from your browser). The problem is that if you see the form and just close it, it keeps appearing in the home page until you complete it. We wanted to avoid having the form displayed multiple times for someone that is not interested in subscribing.

SanfordWhiteman

Yes, that's all we have so maybe something is wrong with the setup on our website? If I open our home page the form will show and if you fill in the details, next time I visit the form disappears (unless you remove cookies from your browser).

That's the expected behavior.

The problem is that if you see the form and just close it, it keeps appearing in the home page until you complete it.

Sure, that's also expected behavior.

You'd need code like what I linked to above to chanage that.