SOLVED

Re: Stream Campaign best practices

Go to solution
STO555
Level 2

Stream Campaign best practices

We are working on a stream campaign that will have 31 cohorts that will flow through this campaign. The cohorts range from 30 people in a cohort to over 100,000 people in a cohort.  We will have two campaigns, one that has 12 streams and a second campaign that will have 28 streams. Both campaigns moving 31 cohorts.

We are warming up a new dedicated IP and we cannot change the amount of people per cohort since we are limited on the campaign completion date. My concern is mostly the larger group cohort toward the end of the warmup that have 70K records and then 100K records (largest size) that they will not cause any blockages or issues as they run through the campaign due to their size.

Does anyone see any issues or problems that can result out of this configuration and sizes of the cohorts and what best practices do you recommend to ensure a smooth campaign given the info above?

Many Thanks!

AH

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

100,000 is not a problematic number. Marketo will be able to handle that easily. From my experience, concern should probably be starting at 1 million+, although I have also ran 2-5 million persons through campaigns without issues.

What do you mean when you say "stream campaign"? Or a campaign that has streams? "Stream" is a word that is tied to Engagement Programs. Are you saying you have an Engagement Program with 28 streams? Isn't there a limit on the number of streams an Engagement Program can have? 28 seems very ambitious to me. You won't be able to monitor that properly and you might even run into performance issues on the UI.

So my advise here: Don't have an Engagement Program with 28 streams. Complexity kills! 🙂

View solution in original post

Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@Michael_Florin has already answered most of this, but if you are talking about deliverability on the ISP side rather than Marketo, 100,000 won't be a problem after you have sent a week or so with smaller groups. Try to send a consistent volume each day, slowly ramping up - starting with your most engaged people. 

More info here: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/product-discussions/new-email-domain-deliverability/td-p/57984

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Michael_Florin
Level 10

100,000 is not a problematic number. Marketo will be able to handle that easily. From my experience, concern should probably be starting at 1 million+, although I have also ran 2-5 million persons through campaigns without issues.

What do you mean when you say "stream campaign"? Or a campaign that has streams? "Stream" is a word that is tied to Engagement Programs. Are you saying you have an Engagement Program with 28 streams? Isn't there a limit on the number of streams an Engagement Program can have? 28 seems very ambitious to me. You won't be able to monitor that properly and you might even run into performance issues on the UI.

So my advise here: Don't have an Engagement Program with 28 streams. Complexity kills! 🙂

Phillip_Wild

I can confirm that you can't do 28 streams, I believe ten is the limit.

Phillip_Wild

@Michael_Florin has already answered most of this, but if you are talking about deliverability on the ISP side rather than Marketo, 100,000 won't be a problem after you have sent a week or so with smaller groups. Try to send a consistent volume each day, slowly ramping up - starting with your most engaged people. 

More info here: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/product-discussions/new-email-domain-deliverability/td-p/57984