SOLVED

Smart List "Is Empty" Condition for a Date Field Not Empty?

Go to solution
nhabischWings
Level 5

Smart List "Is Empty" Condition for a Date Field Not Empty?

Hello!
Wondering if I could get some advice on a problem: We're using a date field within a Custom Object and pulling a Smart List with the field condition of "Is Empty".

When our Data Integration team runs the criteria, they get around 400 Email Addresses on the data side, but within Marketo with the same criteria I only get around 90 Leads pulled.

According to them the API push for an empty field pushes a empty value on load - so my question is if for a Date field, would "Is Empty" somehow view a blank/null field as NOT empty for some reason? Is there some weirdness like the Boolean Empty = FALSE thing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Smart List "Is Empty" Condition for a Date Field Not Empty?

For the Date datatype, null and empty are identical.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Your smart list i checking against all the custom records a person has associated with their record, I.e., Marketo is

pulling people who have the date field as empty in at least 1 of the custom object record, which might not be the same as how your data engineering team is pulling data.

nhabischWings
Level 5

Got it, yes I am confirming that.

Was just curious if the NULL value being sent for a Date field that has no value would be causing anything that would have the "Is Empty" filter "see" a value there?

I wouldn't think so - just trying to eliminate possible sources of the discrepancy.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

For the Date datatype, null and empty are identical.

nhabischWings
Level 5

Got it, thank you!