SOLVED

Stream transition with nested default programs

Go to solution
cierac
Level 2

Stream transition with nested default programs

In this engagement, I am trying to have people who complete the stream "Phase 2" move over to the "Phase 3" stream when they exhaust the content possible in Phase 2. I usually use the trigger "Email Delivered" with the last email sent in the previous stream, but in this case they will not receive every email based on the smart lists. Is there a trigger that I can use for this? or does anyone know work around?

Nurture..JPG

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Stream transition with nested default programs

@cierac, Why don't you use the Member of Engagement Program with Stream = Phase 2 and Exhausted Content = True as the filtering criteria to move people over to the next stream (i.e., Phase 3). Of course, you'd need to have this routing setup using a campaign and not via the pull-based transition rule within the engagement program, as those need to be triggered.

Darshil_Shah1_0-1709016555570.png

You should use the Change Engagement Program Stream flow step in this campaign's flow. You can set this campaign as a recurring batch campaign that'd run at least once before your nurture cast.

Darshil_Shah1_1-1709016579607.png

Because of thier added versatility and flexibility, most users (especially with the advanced use cases) use the external campaigns to manage the stream transitions instead of the transition rules within the Engagement program.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1

@cierac, Why don't you use the Member of Engagement Program with Stream = Phase 2 and Exhausted Content = True as the filtering criteria to move people over to the next stream (i.e., Phase 3). Of course, you'd need to have this routing setup using a campaign and not via the pull-based transition rule within the engagement program, as those need to be triggered.

Darshil_Shah1_0-1709016555570.png

You should use the Change Engagement Program Stream flow step in this campaign's flow. You can set this campaign as a recurring batch campaign that'd run at least once before your nurture cast.

Darshil_Shah1_1-1709016579607.png

Because of thier added versatility and flexibility, most users (especially with the advanced use cases) use the external campaigns to manage the stream transitions instead of the transition rules within the Engagement program.

cierac
Level 2

Thank you! This was perfect. Not sure why I was married to keeping it in the transition rules. Will definitely be doing this for every engagement from now on. 

Darshil_Shah1

You’re welcome, @cierac ! I am so glad to be of help. 🙂