SOLVED

Smart Campaign to log Custom Activities

Go to solution
Stephen_Popple
Level 2

Smart Campaign to log Custom Activities

Hey,

Is is possible to add a custom activity, to the activity log, using a smart campaign? We have a need to add activities based on certain triggers, but as far as I can tell, the only way to add a custom activity to the log is via APIs. Is there another way to create activities, or is the POST /rest/v1/activities/external.json my only option?

example: a contact is added to a specific list for say an event ttendance, and we would like to see a custom activity showing them as 'attended event'

TIA

Ste

Stephen Popple
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Smart Campaign to log Custom Activities

Marketo Engage can read and trigger on custom activity data, but OOTB it can’t write to it in the flow step (campaign or single flow step run actions) directly. Custom activity records need to be created through the Add Custom Activities API.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Marketo Engage can read and trigger on custom activity data, but OOTB it can’t write to it in the flow step (campaign or single flow step run actions) directly. Custom activity records need to be created through the Add Custom Activities API.

Stephen_Popple
Level 2

Thanks, thats what I thought, but wanted to check. 

Stephen Popple
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

A custom Interesting Moment makes just as much sense here, and will scale infinitely.

You can add CAs in a flow via a webhook-compatible service, but you’re going to run up your API calls bigtime.