SOLVED

Re: SFDC Campaign Sync ONLY SFDC-existing leads/contacts and Not Marketo-only leads/contacts

Go to solution
Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

SFDC Campaign Sync ONLY SFDC-existing leads/contacts and Not Marketo-only leads/contacts

So here's the situation. I am sending out an email campaign to a SFDC/Marketo leads, and also using a smart list to pull in people who are ONLY in Marketo (note, we only sync certain leads to SFDC).

I created a Salesforce campaign with 0 members. I intend to fill this salesforce campaign with members when I send the email in Marketo as you'll see below.

I want to do the following:

1. Send Email
    1. Existing SFDC Leads - add to SFDC campaign and Marketo program with status Sent
    2. Marketo-only Leads - update Marketo program status to Sent, but DO NOT sync to SFDC Campaign and DO NOT sync to SFDC at all
      send email flow.jpeg
  2. Open Email
    1. Existing SFDC Leads - update SFDC campaign and Marketo program with status Opened
    2. Marketo-only Leads - update Marketo program status to Opened, but DO NOT sync to SFDC Campaign and DO NOT sync to SFDC at all
      opened email flow.jpeg
  3. Click Email
    1. Existing SFDC Leads - update SFDC campaign and Marketo program with status Clicked
    2. Marketo-only Leads - update Marketo program status to Clicked, but DO NOT sync to SFDC Campaign and DO NOT sync to SFDC at all
      clicked email flow.jpeg
  4. Engage Email (Fills out form)
    1. Existing SFDC Leads - update SFDC campaign and Marketo program with status Engaged
    2. Marketo-only Leads - update Marketo program status to Clicked, sync to SFDC, add to SFDC Campaign and update status to Engaged
      engaged flow.jpeg
      Will having the Change Status in SFDC Campaign also add the lead to the SFDC campaign, or do I need to add in Add to SFDC Campaign flow step before the Change Status in SFDC Campaign?

See attached screenshots for what I have set up. I'm wondering if I've set this up the best way to accomplish the above items.

I appreciate your input on this. I think the longer I stare at this, the longer I confuse and doubt myself about it. Thank you so much in advanced!

Danielle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Suzanne_Wink1
Level 2

Re: SFDC Campaign Sync ONLY SFDC-existing leads/contacts and Not Marketo-only leads/contacts

Hi Danielle,

Yes, this solution will work. The 'Change Status in SFDC Campaign' flow step will automatically add a person to the campaign in Salesforce if the lead is not a member of the campaign yet. No need to include this in a separate step.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I think what you have setup will work.

To be honest, I think the behavior for trying to change the status of a campaign member in SFDC if the person does not exist in that campaign is that the step will fail.

So, I think you could just do

Send Email

Change Program Status

Change Status in SFDC Campaign (markeo only leads will not execute this step)

Testing it would be the best of course, but this makes sense.

Suzanne_Wink1
Level 2

Hi Danielle,

Yes, this solution will work. The 'Change Status in SFDC Campaign' flow step will automatically add a person to the campaign in Salesforce if the lead is not a member of the campaign yet. No need to include this in a separate step.

Danielle_Wong

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for taking the time for this! That is very good to know!

Would this only apply to leads currently in the Salesforce database? If I have a lead that's only a Marketo-lead, would that lead need to first be synced to SFDC or does that also automatically happen with the "Change Status in SFDC Campaign" flow step too?

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

If it's a Marketo only lead then Marketo will first create it in Salesforce and then add it to the SFDC campaign.

Danielle_Wong

Hi Steven,

Thanks so much for letting me know!

Last question! Do you think using the SFDC type criteria is the best way to exclude Marketo-only leads in my Sent, Open, and Click flows?

Thanks