SOLVED

Re: Setting up scoring for MSI

Go to solution
katiemaepeters
Level 1

Setting up scoring for MSI

Hi Everyone! I am working on setting up some simple scoring in Marketo for campaign engagement for Marketo Sales Insights. I downloaded some program templates to get an idea of what to do for scoring. In the templates, I see they are referencing a merge tag in the "change score" flow step: https://share.getcloudapp.com/9ZuBe4bN. Does anyone know what this does? My thinking was I would just have flow step that says change score like this: https://share.getcloudapp.com/o0umNLyQ.

Thanks in advance!

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Using a program token to set your score values makes it easier to manage / update your scoring program. Lead scoring should be something you evaluate constantly to ensure your scoring model reflects the actual success criteria for lead conversion. This means you may need to make changes to your model over time.

The idea is that in your lead scoring program you set up a series of Score tokens in the My Tokens tab, allocating the value to each token (e.g. +40). In your smart campaigns, you then reference the token rather than the hard coded change. When you want to make any changes to your model, you only need to go to the My Tokens tab of the program and update the values that need changing, without having to go into each smart campaign where that value is referenced.

One example of how tokens can make your life seriously easier!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Can you add those images inline in the Community? Threads support images right with the text. It's cumbersome to have to go to another site, thanks.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Using a program token to set your score values makes it easier to manage / update your scoring program. Lead scoring should be something you evaluate constantly to ensure your scoring model reflects the actual success criteria for lead conversion. This means you may need to make changes to your model over time.

The idea is that in your lead scoring program you set up a series of Score tokens in the My Tokens tab, allocating the value to each token (e.g. +40). In your smart campaigns, you then reference the token rather than the hard coded change. When you want to make any changes to your model, you only need to go to the My Tokens tab of the program and update the values that need changing, without having to go into each smart campaign where that value is referenced.

One example of how tokens can make your life seriously easier!

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Agree, scoring tokens are great! Especially if you have a Behavior Score and Demographic Score that roll up to Person Score, you can ensure that you're always adding the same increment to the main score and sub-score at the same time. Also having them as tokens means you can get a quick snapshot of your scoring model just by looking at your tokens.

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor