SOLVED

Setting up a form for a "team" event - collecting multiple email addresses

Go to solution
hpavlac
Level 2

Setting up a form for a "team" event - collecting multiple email addresses

My sales team is running a first-ever "team" style event, and I am unsure of the best way to set up the registration form to capture multiple contacts at once.

Below are the general parameters that have been shared with me from the sales team.

• Ideally, I'd like to collect all participants as separate contacts, so I can automate follow up emails to them. 
  • Since only one person will be filling in the form for the team, I do not want all the email addresses cookied with tracking information. 
  • Also, is there a way to cap a form fill so that it closes automatically after a certain number of fills - in this case, once we have 10 teams registered.

I suppose I'm also wondering if I should recommend a separate solution for this registration process as it is a fairly small event and I don't want to spend too much time building a bespoke solution 🙂

___

Maximum Participation: 10 teams

Teams Consist of: Four people

Team Name:______________________________

Participant 1 (Team Captain)

• Name: ________________________
  • Title: __________________________
  • Email: __________________________
  • Cell:____________________________
  • Shirt Size:________________________

Participant 2

Participant 3

Participant 4

Helen Pavlac
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Setting up a form for a "team" event - collecting multiple email addresses

This is fairly easy to do. It’s just an expansion of the standard Referral Form model, which you can see demoed here: MktoForms2 :: Referral v2.0.2. The difference is that the CodePen form has 1 referral, while you’d want 3 referrals.

It’s possible to do this without creating 3 x 5 = 15 additional fields to hold the referral info (i.e. only reusing the same 5 fields) but if you have limited experience with HTML + CSS + JS you’ll save time by creating the additional fields and dragging them onto the form in Form Editor.

The difference from the CodePen form is that you’d loop over the 3 referrals and post each one to Marketo, instead of looking for only the one hard-coded Last Referral Email Address.

For the event registration cap, please search earlier posts and you’ll get a bunch of results.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

I moved your thread from the Videos section. Please open future threads here in the main section, thanks.

SanfordWhiteman

This is fairly easy to do. It’s just an expansion of the standard Referral Form model, which you can see demoed here: MktoForms2 :: Referral v2.0.2. The difference is that the CodePen form has 1 referral, while you’d want 3 referrals.

It’s possible to do this without creating 3 x 5 = 15 additional fields to hold the referral info (i.e. only reusing the same 5 fields) but if you have limited experience with HTML + CSS + JS you’ll save time by creating the additional fields and dragging them onto the form in Form Editor.

The difference from the CodePen form is that you’d loop over the 3 referrals and post each one to Marketo, instead of looking for only the one hard-coded Last Referral Email Address.

For the event registration cap, please search earlier posts and you’ll get a bunch of results.

hpavlac
Level 2

Thank you! I think this solution may be a little above my capabilities, but appreciate you sharing the info.

Helen Pavlac
SanfordWhiteman

At some point I’m going to describe the approach in detail on the Blog. It’s true that you need to be somewhat comfortable reading code, though, even if you’re not writing it.