SOLVED

Sending Same Email but in Different Languages within an Engagement Program - Recipient Time Zone

Go to solution
Shane_Rourke2
Level 4

Sending Same Email but in Different Languages within an Engagement Program - Recipient Time Zone

Hello, 

I have a global nurture program that has three streams and the same content but in different languages for:

- USA, France, Germany and Japan

My thought was to create programs for each email touch and use the Country to determine which email version should be sent. Since 'Programs may not be added as content to Engagement Program Streams that have Recipient Time Zone Enabled", how can you do this to be able to enable the Recipient Time Zone?

Shane_Rourke2_0-1642717574649.png

Shane Rourke
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Betreff: Sending Same Email but in Different Languages within an Engagement Program - Recipient Time Zone

Well, I think you have given the answer already: If you want to do these Flow Step Choices based on Countries, you have to use programs in your Engagement Program. And if you use programs, you can't use "Send in persons time zone". I don't see a way out of this.

So either give up programs as content in your stream and create either various Engagement Programs or Streams for your languages/countries or give up the time zone option.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Betreff: Sending Same Email but in Different Languages within an Engagement Program - Recipient Time Zone

Well, I think you have given the answer already: If you want to do these Flow Step Choices based on Countries, you have to use programs in your Engagement Program. And if you use programs, you can't use "Send in persons time zone". I don't see a way out of this.

So either give up programs as content in your stream and create either various Engagement Programs or Streams for your languages/countries or give up the time zone option.

Shane_Rourke2
Level 4

Thanks, @Michael_Florin. Just double-checking on if there was anything new out there to solve this. 

What's your opinion on the most beneficial route to take? I am leaning towards creating language streams within the same engagement program so I have everything in one place and so I am not taking up engagement program inventory. 

Shane Rourke
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Okay, but this is really my opinion. I'm sure other people are comfortable doing it differently:

1. I'd never put emails in my streams. I always go with programs as I need the additional options Smart Campaigns give me. So "sending in person's time zone" is out for me anyways.

2. If you have one program and the content is the same for all languages, I'd make the emails language dynamic. Either through segmentation/snippets or Velocity. I've done both, and both work. I'd favor snippets at this point. - Yes, if you go down that route, time zone are completely out of the window. But first you would have to prove that it matters anyway. I was never able to do that, so I don't care.

3. If your language versions are not really the same, aka: you have specific messages you send in English but not in Japanese, I'd go with language specific Engagement Programs. You have 50 of them per default, and if you need more, talk to Marketo Support. (We had 250 at one point eventually).

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

For what it's worth, I totally agree. Also good to know there is flexibility in the amount of Engagement Programs!