SOLVED

Re: Send Marketo email section not appearing on some contact records

Go to solution
Kelly_Schmid3
Level 4

Send Marketo email section not appearing on some contact records

I've had members of our sales team contact me several times over the last few days because they are trying to send an email through Marketo Sales Insight, but the Send Marketo Email dropdown isn't appearing on select contact records. I'm not sure if this is a setting issue or what? Does anyone know?

pastedImage_1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Another thought is these records are not visible to Marketo and thus have no MSI data at all. Can you check if they are in Marketo and synced?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Josh_Hill13

Please contact support and your SFDC Admin. There could be an error somewhere.

Josh_Hill13

Another thought is these records are not visible to Marketo and thus have no MSI data at all. Can you check if they are in Marketo and synced?

Kelly_Schmid3
Level 4

Just checked, you're right. It looks like the contact is in SFDC but not in Marketo. What's the easiest way to sync this into Marketo and why would it not be already?

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

It's likely because the record is not visible to the  Marketo sync user.  If you log in as the sync user and try to view the record, you can determine that.  Alternatively, there could be a sync backlog and the record hasn't yet been processed through the sync queue.

Kelly_Schmid3
Level 4

Right, it's not visible to the Marketo sync user. I know how to make a field visible, but how do I make a contact record visible?

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

You'll need to troubleshoot with your SFDC Admin the sharing rules and roles set up in your Salesforce instance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kelly - did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue and pretty concerned since my team needs to send emails to Contacts tomorrow...