Re: Scoring Based on Velocity of Behavior

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scoring Based on Velocity of Behavior

I was asked by someone in my organization to check into the ability to notify lead/contact owners if a lead or contact is scoring a certain number of points over a designated period of time. For instance, if someone has already reached our thresholds for scoring so are therefore assigned to someone, and then becomes inactive for a while, we are looking for a way to notify the owner if they score XX points in XX days (something that indicates a rapid score increase). Is there a way to set that up and how would you do it?

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Hi Kyle,

Please move the thread to Products and someone will answer it there. "Community" is for website feedback, not product support -- and yes, this is confusing!

Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Hi Kyle,

Out of the box? Kind of. Assuming you have a relatively stable scoring system and one that doesn't allow for runaway growth, you could always do a check on the scoring with a data value change trigger/filter: the old value under a threshold and new value over a threshold in a certain amount of days.

If you have Sales Insight, this could be even easier: if you're just looking for overall velocity, use the Urgency field. Granted, that's not something you can control with detail.

If you're looking for something more dynamic than that (say, measuring a 30 point jump regardless of whether someone's at 50 or 150), that'll take a little more creativity in engineering.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I'm looking more for ideas on the "creative engineering" side of it. More like your example of alerting if a lead/contact jumps 30 points in 3 days regardless of starting score.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

More like your example of alerting if a lead/contact jumps 30 points in 3 days regardless of starting score.

Obviously I'm biased* but this is easy w/help from FlowBoost​.  Store the scores and timestamps in a history field, then pass it to FB to see if the spread over the last N days meets your goals.

The check becomes as simple as:

{{Lead.ScoreHistory}}.getSpread('score', 30)

* I'm the tech lead of FlowBoost and related SaaS stuff.