SOLVED

Re: Save custom colors

Go to solution
Morgan_Corbett
Level 3

Save custom colors

How can I save custom colors to the design studio? I don't want to enter the code each time I need to update an email background color or font color.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if it will completely help, but Jenna Molby figured out you can use a "MktoList" variable to list out the colors' HEX codes in an Email 2.0 template. See below:

example.png

Sample code:

samplecode.png

Just in case it can be shown:

<meta class="mktoList" id="mkto-button-bg-color-1" mktomodulescope="false" mktoname="Button BG Color" values="#73c167,#80a1B6,#387c2b,#00a1df,#646569,#99999a" default="#73c167" />

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can use tokens to store this information (or, in Email Editor 2.0 at the individual email level, you can use a variable).

Morgan_Corbett
Level 3

Thank you for your answer. When I'm editing within a text box for an email, I want to avoid working in the HTML as much as possible, so I don't see how tokens will work to change colors within the text box.

Is there another way to save custom colors without using tokens? I want to save at the system level, so I can easily select colors without having to type in the Hex Color Code each time.

Thanks,

Morgan

SanfordWhiteman

Within the WYSIWYG part of the Rich Text Editor, I don't believe there's a native way to limit the palette (there are very complex ways to do it that aren't worth indulging in for this one feature).

Both tokens and variables may be used to populate hex codes within CSS selectors and inline styles, in the HTML view of the Rich Text Editor, in emails, and in templates.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if it will completely help, but Jenna Molby figured out you can use a "MktoList" variable to list out the colors' HEX codes in an Email 2.0 template. See below:

example.png

Sample code:

samplecode.png

Just in case it can be shown:

<meta class="mktoList" id="mkto-button-bg-color-1" mktomodulescope="false" mktoname="Button BG Color" values="#73c167,#80a1B6,#387c2b,#00a1df,#646569,#99999a" default="#73c167" />

SanfordWhiteman

Yes, that's exactly what was meant by "... variables may be used to populate hex codes..."