SOLVED

Re: Revenue Cycle Modeler VS. Operational Campaigns

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Revenue Cycle Modeler VS. Operational Campaigns

Hello All,

We are setting up our revenue cycle and for each Lead Stage we have one or two Lead Statuses (for more granularity).
Since the revenue cycle modeler cannot update anything else than the stage, I need an operational campaign for each status transition.
I am a bit reluctant to put the update of the stages in the modeler and the update of the statuses in Operational Campaigns.

Do you think it would make sense to build the modeler for reporting purposes only (with dummy transitions) and to only use operational campaigns to move the leads through statuses and stages?

Thanks a lot!

Jules
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

YES.

This is the best (and really only) way to do this. Your RCM transitions have a basic trigger like "Revenue Stage Changes", but you put all of the logic into a series of campaigns in an Operational Program.

Depending on your transitions and other data needs, you may end up with 15-30 campaigns to manage it all.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13

YES.

This is the best (and really only) way to do this. Your RCM transitions have a basic trigger like "Revenue Stage Changes", but you put all of the logic into a series of campaigns in an Operational Program.

Depending on your transitions and other data needs, you may end up with 15-30 campaigns to manage it all.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In re-opening this discussion, I'm taking this approach in updating a RCM; however, I'm curious about one thing. What is the advantage of having a lifecycle status field AND the revenue stage, when the revenue stage always tracks the lifecycle stage and the lead lifecycle campaigns are always updating both? Is it because you can use the lifecycle stage field as a column in a view but not the revenue stage? I think I've answered my own question, but it is worth putting it up here because I couldn't find this info anywhere.

Josh HillKristen Malkovich​ would appreciate any further insights on this?

Thanks

Josh_Hill13

There's a presentation I did with Jeff last Summit. Please look it up.

The advantage of the separate field is you can then display this data in SFDC and retain it, rather than relying on having Marketo. So it's not just about data retention in case you switch vendors, but also so you can use the data in SFDC or other reporting tools.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did look it up, had referred to it extensively and downloaded the ebook - found it very helpful, thank you. But I didn't see this particular question addressed.

Thanks, the answer makes good sense.

Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

I agree with Josh. A combo of both is best. 

I use the modeler to move leads to different stages based on our funnel definitions, then have an operational program that consists of trigger campaigns waiting for these stage transitions to update the stages within the operational programs. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you guys!