SOLVED

Re: Replacing Images in the Design Studio

Go to solution
Robert_Fundy
Level 1

Replacing Images in the Design Studio

Maybe I'm taking crazy pills, but when I update existing graphics and go to replace them in the Design Studio they only update about 50% of the time. Usually, I'll have to log off and log back in then replace the old image. Anyone else ever experience this?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

You're just seeing caching.  The easiest way to bust it is by doing a hard refresh on the page, ctrl+f5 on windows, cmd+shift+r on mac.  That will clear all cached images/scripts/stylesheets on the page and load them fresh without affecting your whole browser cache.

View solution in original post

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

The other issue we see when using the "replace" feature - when the new image is a different size than the original image - is the LP or email will still use the original height and width value, rather than update to the new image.  The new image still takes on the h/w values and therefore the image is skewed or out of proportion.  Closing the browser, refreshing the browser does not help.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Jessica_Kao3

I like crazy pills.  Clear your cache or open in an incognito window and that should take care of it. 

Robert_Fundy
Level 1

That seems like a wonky user experience. Right?

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

You're just seeing caching.  The easiest way to bust it is by doing a hard refresh on the page, ctrl+f5 on windows, cmd+shift+r on mac.  That will clear all cached images/scripts/stylesheets on the page and load them fresh without affecting your whole browser cache.

Robert_Fundy
Level 1

I love cache, it makes the world go round. But seriously thanks.

Dan_Stevens_

The other issue we see when using the "replace" feature - when the new image is a different size than the original image - is the LP or email will still use the original height and width value, rather than update to the new image.  The new image still takes on the h/w values and therefore the image is skewed or out of proportion.  Closing the browser, refreshing the browser does not help.

Dave_Roberts
Level 10

Hey Dan, I normally try and keep the dimensions the same when swapping an image out and that obviously helps here. Depending on how your images are setup, you should be able to edit the "height" and "width" of the image somehow in the editor (either thru the mktoImg or mktoText > Edit Image dialog). When you load an image onto a page or replace an image that's already there, Marketo will automatically load the dimensions of the image into the "height" and "width" attribute inputs in the dialog menu. This is what's forcing the images to be the same size when you replace them in DS. 

To fix this, whenever you place an image on a page or replace one - empty out the "height" and "width" inputs so there isn't anything in there and it will not add the add'l height and width attributes to the image and should help prevent the issue you're running into here. It's an extra step with images for sure when you set them up, but it's hard to think of a time that you'd actually want to set the height and width attribute on an image these days. Personally, I'd like to see Marketo remove most of the stuff like this that it does to "help out" b/c it's not as helpful as it was way back in the FreeForm LP days.

Hoolio11
Level 1

I am sure you have long since solved your issues here.  Cani ask though - when you replace an image in the DS with another image, it says that 

Replaced file will be live on your landing pages and emails immediately

Does this mean you will need to approve all the assets that the original image was being used in??

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You don’t need to reapprove anything — files stand alone.

The only reason to reapprove would if you add a version # to the template and propagate that version to the assets (i.e. add a cachebuster to the query string).

Well, unless you mean “I need to change lots of styles on my template to match the new Design Studio assets” in which case yes, you do need to reapprove.

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Nope.. it means the opposite!

All your approved assets will remain approved, but use the new (replaced) image.