SOLVED

Re: Remove Social Buttons in New Email Editor Template (Breaking News)

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove Social Buttons in New Email Editor Template (Breaking News)

I am building out an email using the new email editor. I'm working in the Breaking News template. When trying to remove one of the social buttons in the Header module, it leaves a blank space with a border and alt text, see attached.

How can I remove a social icon for a site we do not use and still keep the template design intact?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eileen_DeLeon
Level 2

I had the same question re: the Iceberg template here: Email Editor 2.0 - Iceberg template

The solution in this case was to remove the icons from the code itself. A little daunting since I've been conditioned to never, ever touch the code, but as long as you stay within the editable regions there's no risk of disconnecting from the template. It was actually pretty easy!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Brittany_Stover
Level 5 - Champion Alumni

Did you click on the setting icon and clear the content? You also have to go on the right side module to the box with Facebook tag in it and remove the text.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did use the clear content function for the social icon, but it still left a border. Thanks for the tip on the alt text.

Eileen_DeLeon
Level 2

I had the same question re: the Iceberg template here: Email Editor 2.0 - Iceberg template

The solution in this case was to remove the icons from the code itself. A little daunting since I've been conditioned to never, ever touch the code, but as long as you stay within the editable regions there's no risk of disconnecting from the template. It was actually pretty easy!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I will give this a try and let you know if it works!