SOLVED

Re: Removal of "Is Anonymous" filters.

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous users who visit certain portions of our site or perform certain actions but do not convert into a lead or ecommerce conversion.  ex. target unknowns by specifying 'if anonymous', 'visited web page', (more conditions, if needed) - send through adbridge = hypertargeted

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Nicholas,

Can you clarify what exactly you're doing with these anonymous leads once you identify them? I understand you're targeting those anonymous records, but what are you doing with adbridge?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi All,

Arjun Nair​ is requesting some input on this idea :  

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Arjun Nair​ and Mike Reynolds​,

Another use case is : what about smart campaigns that use to run for anonymous leads only. Typically, some customers run smart campaigns to limit the behavior score so that it does not go over a limit for anonymous leads.

Would a "lead is created" trigger with a "behavior score" greater than limit work in this case ?

In other words, will the retroactive campaigns fire :

1. BEFORE the "lead is created" trigger ?
  2. AFTER the "lead is created" trigger ?
  3. or will they fire physically in a random, non manageable, order ?

More globally, can we expect that all the retroactive triggers will fire in exactly the same order as is they had been firing in real time ?

If I may, it seems to me that this needs to be clearly documented in the upcoming doc

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Greg - I don't think a "lead is created" trigger here will work since that only triggers for known leads.  And if you don't include the "is anonymous" filter in your smart list - like my examples above - Marketo won't even include them in the results.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Dan,

Yes, I am talking about the very second when the lead is created (becomes known) and all the passed triggers execute retroactively and at the same time the "lead is created" trigger fires as well.

If I used to have triggered for anonymous leads that ought to fire before the "lead is created", I may have some dependencies. For instance, let's say I have some behavior "visits web page" scoring that used to trigger for anonymous leads. And I also have a trigger for just created leads with a score > 20 (lead is created trigger + score > 20 filter).

In the future, when the leads becomes known, will the retroactive scoring triggers fire before the lead is created (in which case I may have some of my newly created leads with score >20) or not ? The order of execution is very important here.

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Thanks for clarifying.  I agree - the order of execution is definitely key here since you may have a bunch of trigger campaigns that activate all at once.  Where this could become an issue is when certain type of alerts or emails are also part of those trigger campaigns.  You could end up having these all trigger at once.

hena_wells
Level 5

Before. All the campaign execution will happen before the "New Lead" activity is created.

Aj

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Thanks Arjun,

This is really key that we can count on this execution order to set the lead management/life cycle campaigns.

-Greg

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10