SOLVED

Re: ReCaptcha - I don't get it

Go to solution
Michael_Florin
Level 10

ReCaptcha - I don't get it

Hello all,

it pains me to say but there is something fundamental I don't seem to understand about ReCaptcha. I googled, read Sanford's CodePen, watched his webinar on V3, and checked some other resources. But still, these are my questions:

1. Is there any code - html, JS or css - that goes on the form asset? And if so, where?

2. If no code goes on the form, how is this supposed to work when the form is embedded? Does any code need to be applied to the embedding page?

3. Can the standard method of adding a form to a Marketo LP - Edit Form Settings -> Select a Form - even be applied in this case? Or does the form need to be added to the Marketo LP by inserting embed code?

If anyone can make sense of these questions, I'd be happy to get some pointers.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You always need JS. Not on the form, but in a separate script on the page, like with any form behaviors.

On a Marketo LP, put the additional JS just inside the closing </body> tag. You can still use named mktoForm elements.

On a non-Marketo LP, put the additional JS just after the standard embed code.

Bear in mind, though, that Marketo is incorporating reCAPTCHA v3 natively (finally!) after a long delay. For v2 you’d still need my custom code.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You always need JS. Not on the form, but in a separate script on the page, like with any form behaviors.

On a Marketo LP, put the additional JS just inside the closing </body> tag. You can still use named mktoForm elements.

On a non-Marketo LP, put the additional JS just after the standard embed code.

Bear in mind, though, that Marketo is incorporating reCAPTCHA v3 natively (finally!) after a long delay. For v2 you’d still need my custom code.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Just heard about that too yesterday, really good news!

Michael_Florin
Level 10

@SanfordWhiteman wrote:

Thank you Sanford!

Does anybody know when this is going to happen?

EDIT: Never mind. Just saw it in the August Release Notes.