SOLVED

Re: Reactivating Paused Engagement Nurture Program

Go to solution
Robert_Villanu1
Level 1

Reactivating Paused Engagement Nurture Program

Hello,

So i have an Engagement Nurture Program that was active from January 2020 until last week. We had to paused it to update all email copies to be inline with our New Company's brand guideline. Today, I reactivated the program. I'm supposed to receive the 4th Email (the emails are sent on a a monthly basis) but to my surprise, I received the 1st one. I run a smart list to check those who were delivered email 4 and got 0 records. 

Is that how the engagement actually works? I'm under the impression the if you stop/paused the program and reactivated it, it should still detect the last email you received and send you the next email based on the content's order. Did i miss to do something prior to reactivating? 

Appreciate all your inputs. Thank you in advance.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Robert_Villanue
Level 2

Hi, Erica,

Yes, I've changed the assets to a new one since I needed to create them using new template.

I'm just curious, is this how Marketo really works before or maybe it was recently changed due to an update?

By the way, your name is familiar. Does Maria from Finastra rings a bell? 😁

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Erica_Harris2
Level 3

Hi Robert,

You mentioned that you updated all email copies. It sounds like Marketo now sees these emails as new content. Have you changed the email assets themselves? If they have new IDs, Marketo will see them as new content, even if the name of the asset is the same.

- Erica

Robert_Villanue
Level 2

Hi, Erica,

Yes, I've changed the assets to a new one since I needed to create them using new template.

I'm just curious, is this how Marketo really works before or maybe it was recently changed due to an update?

By the way, your name is familiar. Does Maria from Finastra rings a bell? 😁

Erica_Harris2
Level 3

Yes, Marketo can only tell whether someone has received the asset by using the asset ID so if this has changed, it is, to Marketo, a new asset.

Please mark my response as Solved if you're happy with it - thanks.

Yes, I did work for Finastra amongst other customers! Same me... 😀

Robert_Villanue
Level 2

Hi, Erica,

Okay got it. I have a follow up question. If this is the case, what can I do to exclude the emails so the records will not receive them on the next casts and receive the next email instead?

To give you a better picture, here's the scenario:

Record A has been in the program for 4 months already. He already received emails 1-3 (emails are being sent on a monthly basis). He is supposed to receive email 4 this month but since we changed the email template, he received email 1 again. What can we do for Record A to not receive emails 2-3 and receive email 4 instead on the next cast? Note that we are adding new records to the program on a monthly basis manually.

Thank you and looking forward to your response.

By the way, how do I mark your response as Solved?

Erica_Harris2
Level 3

Sorry, you didn't tag me in this and I didn't see your follow up question. By the way, you marked your response as solved and not mine!

The only way for people to not get the new emails that they have received a clone of before, is to put those assets into a program with a sending campaign, to make the people who have already received the content members of the program.  That way, they will skip to the next content.