Re: "Registration Error" and ON24

Leticia_DoPrado
Level 5

"Registration Error" and ON24

Hi everyone,

We use ON24 for our webinars and we've never had this error before. Out of 50 people registered, 6 of them have a status of "Registration Error". Marketo doesn't notify me that there's an error. I found out because some of them reached out to me saying the link to join the webinar doesn't work. People register, but when they get the confirmation email from Marketo their unique URL to join the call doesn't show up.

Has anyone experienced this before? Was there a solution? What about anything to prevent this from happening again?

Thanks

-Leticia 

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This just started happening at one of my clients. 

It seems, at least for them, to have to do with email syntax validation suddenly being performed (incorrectly at that) by ON24.

What are the domains for those 6? 

Ajay_Mamgain2
Level 3

Even we got the registration error  from on24 and it has happened twice in less than 20 days

- Few registrants were failed with this error "FailedOn24 API call error; Response did not include an Event User ID" i 

- Most of the registrants received empty value or broken link in "member.webinar url"  token in the Email.

We tried to connect with on24 and they have denied any error from their end. Were you able to find any solution for this ?

Brant_Olson
Level 1

@Ajay_Mamgain2 wrote:

Even we got the registration error  from on24 and it has happened twice in less than 20 days

- Few registrants were failed with this error "FailedOn24 API call error; Response did not include an Event User ID" i 

- Most of the registrants received empty value or broken link in "member.webinar url"  token in the Email.

We tried to connect with on24 and they have denied any error from their end. Were you able to find any solution for this ?

I'm seeing the same error. The Status Reason I'm seeing:

“com.marketo.restclient.RestServiceException: Request not successful {"message":"Error registering with webinar provider. exception='On24 API call error; Response did not include an Event User ID'","status":"ERROR","errorCode":"operation failed"}, HTTP/1.0”

Wondering if this may be related to the fact that I removed a program member prior to entering the On24 Event ID? Planning to clone under a new event ID if needed. Any other ideas?

Tags (1)
Hsin_Yi_Lee
Level 1

Hi

Our company is hosting several webinars on ON24 lately.

And we got some registrations showing as "Registration Error",after I had a cross-checking, it seems the issue was happening during a specific time period when the attendee registered through the Marketo form on the time. 

Except these people. the rest of the session and registration is going fine.

Does anyone get the solution of it? 

thank you in advance for any feedback. 

Caycia_Banks
Level 2

I am running into this issue right now. Did you figure out the solution?

Caycia Banks
Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I can't help you with the ON24 part of it, but I can give you a tip about webinar reg errors. Create yourself an operational alert, better yet send it to an alias (webinars@yourcompany.com, marketing-ops@yourcompany.com, etc) so your team is alerted.

Trigger the alert off Program status is changed, program is any, new status is Webinar > Registration error. Flow step is send alert. 

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor