Re: "Person is Pushed to MKTO" Trigger

Nicol_Maurer
Level 3

"Person is Pushed to MKTO" Trigger

We are relatively new to Salesforce, and up until now had never had a sync with our CRM. In re-setting up some of my nurture campaigns, I'm wondering if I should include the "Person is Pushed to MKTO" as a trigger. May I assume that these are leads/contacts created in Salesforce that are NOT already in MKTO?

25 REPLIES 25
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

No, this trigger is not relevant to SFDC sync. It logs the use of a separate Marketo-specific API.

Nicol_Maurer
Level 3

Thank you!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford,

I just posted a question relating to this on another post (What exactly is the "Lead Pushed to Marketo" trigger on a Smart List?), but since this post is much more recent, I'm posting the same question here...

Is it also possible to use the "Lead is Pushed to Marketo" trigger for updates to existing Marketo Leads/Contacts, or does it only trigger based on net new Lead creation?

Thanks!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Timo,

AFAIK, the trigger only fires on lead insertion. For udpates, you will have to use Data Value Changes triggers.

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman

Nope, it will fire on any Push Lead event, even for existing leads with no change in values/program.

SanfordWhiteman

Is it also possible to use the "Lead is Pushed to Marketo" trigger for updates to existing Marketo Leads/Contacts,

Yes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update, this is great news!

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I tested this today with a Rest API update from a web form, and unfortunately the "Person Pushed to Marketo" trigger doesn't seem to work. I tested the same campaign with two different Smart List filters. For the first version, I used the "Person is Created" and "Data Value Changes" triggers, and I selected "Web service API" as the source. For the second version I used only the "Person Pushed to Marketo" trigger, and the person was not added to the campaign.

I'm wondering if there is anything else that I need to include in the REST API call to make this work? 

Thanks!

SanfordWhiteman

Are you seeing the Person Pushed... in the Activity Log? Can you show the ActLog detail?

The Push Lead endpoint is designed to trigger every time -- wouldn't be useful otherwise.