SOLVED

Re: Question re: Send Alert flow step

Go to solution
Guitarrista82
Level 6

Question re: Send Alert flow step

We have set up a campaign to send an email to our customers. Within the campaign flow, we have added the "Send Alert" step.

I added my email address to test whether I would receive one email per campaign member or just one email alert.

I just added about 50 people to the campaign and clicked Run Once. Within a few minutes, I received about 50 email alerts in my inbox.

My question is: Is there any way to just send one email alert instead of one alert per campaign member?

Please see the screenshot of the campaign flow below.

Email alert flow.png

Thank you,

LK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You create a new person (the Resource Lead) that goes through the campaign along with everybody else.

The Send Alert step filters so it only sends if the Last Name — or any field you choose to match to the campaign ID; a custom String field like Resource Lead for Campaign ID is actually better — matches the current campaign.

That way only the alert is only sent one time, when the Resource Lead finishes their flow.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman

When you say "just one alert" - just one alert per... what action?

If you want one alert per campaign run, you can add a Resource Lead - a special dummy lead that represents a campaign or program - and only send the alert for that person.
Guitarrista82
Level 6

Yes, just one alert per campaign run to let the person know that the campaign was completed.

How would I set up this Resource Lead exactly?

SanfordWhiteman

It's just a lead with a property that ties it to the campaign, for example the Last Name is the Campaign ID and the First Name is "Resource Lead."

Note though that it won't qualify at the end of the campaign, so it isn't confirmation the campaign is "completed."
Guitarrista82
Level 6

Sorry, I’m not following you totally. So I would create a new contact (Resource Lead) that I would add to to the campaign? Or would I create a separate campaign to send an email alert to this Resource Lead that would somehow connect to the primary campaign?

SanfordWhiteman

You create a new person (the Resource Lead) that goes through the campaign along with everybody else.

The Send Alert step filters so it only sends if the Last Name — or any field you choose to match to the campaign ID; a custom String field like Resource Lead for Campaign ID is actually better — matches the current campaign.

That way only the alert is only sent one time, when the Resource Lead finishes their flow.

Guitarrista82
Level 6

Got it! Thank you so much Sanford!
(-:

I’ve been away from Marketo for a few years so I’m a little rusty.