Question on the calcuation behind conversion ratio between lead stages

Leslie_Cutter
Level 1

Question on the calcuation behind conversion ratio between lead stages

I am working on a new report in RCA using the Model Performance Analysis (Leads) area.  I know that the conversion ratio is the ratio
@ which leads convert from one stage to another.  However, I want to know the actual calculation behind this as it doesn't seem to add up and I need to be able to speak to it.  With the University and Community documents having so many unavailable areas right now I am spending a lot of time searching with no results.  Can anyone help?  I am calculating with the flow of leads from one stage to another.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Question on the calcuation behind conversion ratio between lead stages

Well how are you calculating the ratio now?

The original doc is offline, although it wasn't really clear on the calculation. From what I have seen, it is:

(outflow) / (Beg. Balance + Inflow)

but it might be a little more complex because there is also a Conversion Ratio (All); Existing, and New. These calculate on different counts because Leads in this New Time Period that convert this same time period are moving faster and have a different calculation than Existing or All.

'Twould be nice if we had a definite formula on this.

Leslie_Cutter
Level 1

Re: Question on the calcuation behind conversion ratio between lead stages

Josh Hill

First, thank you for your response.  Outside of Marketo, I would calculate the lead efficiency as SQL/MQL, or even SAL/MQL.  Since we cannot do this simple calculation I have tried Beginning and Ending balance for each month (no data returned) and In and Outflow (no data returned).

I will give yours a try. I have in my report Conversion Ratio (All), but when I added in New and Existing - just to double check it - I found I am really only picking up new.

I agree completely - would love a definite and clearly defined formula!

Thanks for your suggestion, going to give it a go.