Re: Query on Static list

Sriram_Iyer
Level 1

Query on Static list

Does a Static list upload gets added up to the All Leads tabs or it just present for the local program?  !

7 REPLIES 7
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Sriram,

The static list is just a snapshot of some of the people in your database. All the people are in the "all leads" system smart list, always, whatever the mechanism by which they entered Marketo.

-Greg

TBlane_McMichen
Marketo Employee

I think Sriram Iyer​ is asking if a static list loaded (from a CSV file or other manual way) will be added to the system lead database and appear in the "All Leads".  The answer is yes, and the leads will be members of the associated program where it was loaded and be included with all the other program leads.   Like Greg is saying, the list itself is just a snapshot or partial list and may not include all program leads.

Grégoire Michel​ ... if you have multiple databases, do you have a choice to load to a select database, or does it default to the database for the program workspace?  (I think it is the later.)

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Blane,

In case you have workspace and partitions, lead will go in the default partition for the workspace. You should consider having Partition Assignment Rules, i.e. smart campaigns that assign leads to the proper partition when they are created or when some field value change.

Also, do not import in the program, import in a static list. Read Why you should always use a static list to import persons in a program

-Greg

TBlane_McMichen
Marketo Employee

Hi Greg,

I didn't men to import into the members tab, I was referring to importing to a static list that is part of the program.  Understanding that any leads new or exiting, will be made a member of the program within which the list is an asset.  But, yes, I agree with the reasons stated in your article, you can use the static list to determine origin and other purposes in smart campaigns.

Thanks!

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Understanding that any leads new or exiting, will be made a member of the program within which the list is an asset

Hi Blane - Simply importing names into a static list within a program, does not make them a member of the program.  Unless these are net-new names AND you select the Acquisition Program in step three of the import process, they will not become a member of the program.  You would still need a smart campaign to define a program status (and officially make them a member of the program).

Sriram_Iyer
Level 1

Thanks!

My problem here is, I'm looking to clean the junk data which I have. I have created a campaign for the junk leads to go into the static list bucket, if detected with certain criteria. So I just want to know, If i delete it from my database, would i still have it on my static list.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

So I just want to know, If i delete it from my database, would i still have it on my static list.

Of course not... you delete it from your database, that includes all of its memberships.