Poll: How does your company handle Marketo training?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Poll: How does your company handle Marketo training?

I'm curious how each of you handle training within your company. How many users do you have?

A. We send all new users to the Marketo University and ask them to self-study.
B. We provide in-house training for all new users, it lasts XX days.
C. We provide ongoing in-house training for all users.
D. We hire a consultant to train each new employee.
E. We're a small staff, we do things on a case by case basis.
F. I'm a one man band, if I need to learn it, I teach myself.
G. We're brand new and haven't yet considered new employees.
H. Other, Tell me more.
Tags (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Re: Poll: How does your company handle Marketo training?

Hi Adam,

My answer is E.  We're a small staff, we do things on a case by case basis. I do the training and I write the instructions step by step, for a particular project and how Marketo will be used. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

E
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have about 45 with access, probably about 3 dozen daily users.

We start with "A" then move to "B" for a 2-Day session then we move on to "H". We'll have training sessions on an adhoc basis. We have an internal Marketo Blog that we use for all change management.  I try to document scenario in the blog, but if more complicated I'll record a screencast to post.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We've done A, B,C,D, and H - close to 80 plus Marketers with 90% limited skill set.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was enrolled in Marketo University for the week long web traininghelped to learn some of the basics, but every company uses the system so differently and we currently do not use the Revenue cycle modeler).  Other than that I did and still am relying on the help articles and the other users in the community for assistance.

I am attending the summit, and the half day of university classes tomorrow which I hope will clarify some outstanding items for me.  🙂  I really think that it would have been easier for me to learn/understand had I been involved in the implementation from the get go.  Especially because all of the behind the scenes stuff (sync with SalesForce etc.) Was done before I came on board, I really think that kind of stuff would have been helpful to be involved in.  Not sure if that makes sense.  I hope to learn a lot from the summit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, my boss knows a ton, which is another resource that I use.
Anonymous
Not applicable

H.  The Marketo training is greatly magnified by SFDC training.  I recommend to clients they send their Marketo power users to get SFDC certified so they understand the relationships.  Otherwise its just pushing buttons without knowing why
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

Hi,

Mix of E and H. We are over 20 users (so not small staff) but we do on a case by case self training.

We had a 1/2 day crash course when we launched Marketo. It was run by a Marketo consultant and to be honest this wasn't great because a) we never touched the tool before so we had no question on tool specifically b) the consultant kept focusing on use cases that didn't fit our needs or that were based on SFDC (and we are not using this CRM). As a result, I ramped up on tool thanks to community and ended up training most of my colleagues based in US, Germany, UK and Japan. Now each time we learnt something, we share it with rest of team. I have started adding a Marketo best practices section to our wiki. The FR MUG is also a great source of knowledge.

Cécile

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I'd probably approach it as A > B > E > F

so that they get the fundamentals then learn how your system works, then can explore new ideas on their own.

A. We send all new users to the Marketo University and ask them to self-study.
B. We provide in-house training for all new users, it lasts XX days.
C. We provide ongoing in-house training for all users.
D. We hire a consultant to train each new employee.
E. We're a small staff, we do things on a case by case basis.
F. I'm a one man band, if I need to learn it, I teach myself.
G. We're brand new and haven't yet considered new employees.
H. Other, Tell me more.