SOLVED

Re: people exhausting content too early

Go to solution
Ashley1
Level 2

people exhausting content too early

Hi,

In the engagement program that I'm running, I notice many people are exhausting the stream content early. The stream has 8 emails in a nested program, but many people are exhausting the content yet they've only received the first email. Does anyone know why Marketo is marking them as exhausted?  Happy to provide more context.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Thanks, @Ashley1!

Well, no surprise that this happened, you technically have a single content offer program added to your engagement program stream. Even though you have all the email assets created in a single default program that you have added in your stream, Marketo is gonna consider it as a single content. Ideally, for each content, you should create separate nested default program with each content email and its corresponding send campaign and add it in the stream. In the end, number of items in your stream should match with the number of content that you wish to have in your stream. Hope this makes sense. Let us know if you have questions.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Have you activated all the remaining emails in the stream?

Ashley1
Level 2

Yes all emails are activated.

Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Are they in the right stream with those emails? Could they have moved to a stream without emails in it?

Darshil_Shah1

In addition to ensuring all the email assets are activated in the stream, I'd also check whether the people have already received that email earlier from other programs/flows. Marketo's engagement program doesn't send emails that have already been said sent previously to a person. Fyr, email assets are referenced by their unique asset Id, and not by name. Hopefully this is helpful. Let us know if you have questions.

Ashley1
Level 2

The emails aren't being used in other programs, they are unique to this nurture.

Darshil_Shah1

Thank you for confirming, @Ashley1! Did you add the new content offers after the cast in which these people got exhausted? FYR, the Exhausted Content flag represents whether a person was exhausted after the last run/cast - it's not updated in real-time, just 1x after each nurture cast. So as long as you have email assets in the stream that the person was never sent before, they should be sent content from the engagement program (more specifically, the first unsent content from the top of the stream).

Ashley1
Level 2

Oh, I didn't add new content but  I did deactivate the engagement program and then reactivate it a couple of weeks later. Marketo may have recognized the reactivated content as new?

Darshil_Shah1

I don't think that's it. But, let's try testing your stream with a test record - You can create a test record, use the test stream functionality in the engagement program, run the casts, and check whether it is sent all the content in the stream before your record gets marked Exhaitsed Content. With EP, for a member who is Marketable and hasn't reached the communication limit, as long as the stream has an unsent content offer, they would be sent the content in the next cast.

Also, to verify have you encountered a case wherein the stream had unsent content and eligible members still weren't sent content during a cast? Or are you just looking at the Exhausted Content numbers and trying to figure it out?

Ashley1
Level 2

I just tested the stream, I received email 1 and then I was marked exhausted content.

Yes, I have encountered a case where the stream had unsent content, and an eligible member wasn't sent content during a cast.