SOLVED

Re: Passing Form Submit Data into another Salesforce instance that's not synced with our Marketo instance

Go to solution
Tom_Kerlin2
Level 8

Passing Form Submit Data into another Salesforce instance that's not synced with our Marketo instance

Hello,

We're trying to find a better way to automate lead hand-off for the form submissions on our company's Contact Us form. Currently, our Marketo instance is sending alert emails to the EMEA region's marketing mailbox. The EMEA marketing team would like to automate the creation of a lead/contact record in the Salesforce instance they use. However, our Marketo instance is currently synced with a different/separate Salesforce instance, so we can't sync to Salesforce or create a new task from our Marketo into their Salesforce instance. Does anybody know of a workaround to this dilemma?

Maybe there is a third-party integrator that's capable of receiving/storing data from our Marketo and pushing that form submit data via an API call into their Salesforce instance? Here is a possible solution I found online (I think): https://automate.io/bots/create-salesforce-leads-new-google-sheets-rows

I appreciate your feedback, and if there are any questions or concerns please let me know! 🙂

Thanks,

Tom

Tom Kerlin
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Oz_Platero
Level 6

Re: Passing Form Submit Data into another Salesforce instance that's not synced with our Marketo instance

Hello @Tom_Kerlin2 ,

Is there a plan to merge the environments in the future?  i.e. Use Marketo workspaces / Partitions, and SFDC Divisions?

There a a few options depending on your other business requirements.

One example - If you don't mind duplicates (the same person created in 2 different Marketo instances). 

Thanks,
oz

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Oz_Platero
Level 6

Hello @Tom_Kerlin2 ,

Is there a plan to merge the environments in the future?  i.e. Use Marketo workspaces / Partitions, and SFDC Divisions?

There a a few options depending on your other business requirements.

One example - If you don't mind duplicates (the same person created in 2 different Marketo instances). 

Thanks,
oz

Tom_Kerlin2
Level 8

Hi Oz,

There is a plan to merge the environments in the future, but that likely won't happen for another 3+ years.

Thanks for sharing these options! I really like the hidden form idea!

Tom Kerlin
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Oz's idea of a hidden form cross-post is great and the best way... if the other SFDC has a companion Marketo instance! Wasn't clear if it does, though.

If they don't have Marketo, you could in theory cross-post to their Web2Lead (if they have that feature open). Or you could send an Alert to their Email2Lead (again, if they have that on).

If none of the above apply, you can use a webhook-compatible service to use the SFDC API to upsert the record.

Tom_Kerlin2
Level 8

Thanks Sanford!

I'm also confirming that the other SFDC does have a companion Marketo instance in place.

Tom Kerlin